aiskek
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've heard of a lot of people who do biomed, neurosci, or something that's completely different from medicine, what exactly should I go for?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I've moved your thread to the medicine forum

Bear in mind you don't have to add a 5th choice, and if you are 100% positive with your choice of medicine as a career and fully committed to it, then if you did fail to get an offer from your 4 choices you would be better off applying to medicine through clearing or taking a gap year and reapplying, than starting another degree you didn't want to do in order to try and continue to medicine in the future.
aiskek
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Hi I've moved your thread to the medicine forum

Bear in mind you don't have to add a 5th choice, and if you are 100% positive with your choice of medicine as a career and fully committed to it, then if you did fail to get an offer from your 4 choices you would be better off applying to medicine through clearing or taking a gap year and reapplying, than starting another degree you didn't want to do in order to try and continue to medicine in the future.
Hi, thanks so much! I appreciate the advice, I've been speaking to people about how competitive GEM will be too, so it's an interesting decision to have to make, I think my parents want me to keep a 5th choice for something different that isn't wholly medicine related - think my personal statement might be the only issue
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aiskek)
think my personal statement might be the only issue
Most admissions tutors will understand your situation so it wouldn’t cause too many problems. Some universities might ask for a separate ps if you apply with a medical one.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aiskek)
Hi, thanks so much! I appreciate the advice, I've been speaking to people about how competitive GEM will be too, so it's an interesting decision to have to make, I think my parents want me to keep a 5th choice for something different that isn't wholly medicine related - think my personal statement might be the only issue
Many biomedical sciences courses and some related bioscience subjects often accept a medicine personal statement without prejudice. Some may require you to write an additional separate statement to send to them. You will need to check the webpages for those courses and if nothing is stated, I would recommend contacting them to confirm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
86.71%
No (19)
13.29%

Watched Threads