Xtians, When you read this verse what do you think of?

Watch
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Romans 1:20
"the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead"
Last edited by NJA; 1 month ago
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Spirits
NJA
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
Spirits
Clueless
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NJA)
Clueless
Spirits such as angels and stuff
Louis IX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For me, it means that the visible things God has made point us towards His existence, and His "eternal power and divinity".
NJA
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Louis IX)
For me, it means that the visible things God has made point us towards His existence, and His "eternal power and divinity".
Indeed, is there any physical thing that you would use for an unbeliever?
Louis IX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
Indeed, is there any physical thing that you would use for an unbeliever?
Beauty is something I'd use. The fact we know that some things in the natural world are pleasing to look at when there's no evolutionary advantage to knowing that is proof that our minds aren't just the product of evolution.
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
Romans 1:20
"the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead"
It's talking about nature and the universe. Basically saying that the evidence of God and divine creation is all around and thus no-one has any excuse to worship false idols and the like. See the surrounding verses for the context.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
It's talking about nature and the universe. Basically saying that the evidence of God and divine creation is all around and thus no-one has any excuse to worship false idols and the like. See the surrounding verses for the context.
I know, I was wondering which particular item(s) of creation ypu think of and what truth of God do they show?
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
I know, I was wondering which particular item(s) of creation ypu think of and what truth of God do they show?
Ah well there we end up in a deeper conversion about what is meant by the term "God"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
87.32%
No (18)
12.68%

Watched Threads