bamany
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
do you think it’s okay to text my manager that i want to talk to her when she gets back from leave so i can discuss my shifts for oct as they’ve scheduled me 20hrs for one of the weeks and if they do that again i won’t have time to revise for my resits so i want to make sure i’m only doing 8hrs a week for those two weeks (my contract is 8 hours)
Ash1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dashaman)
do you think it’s okay to text my manager that i want to talk to her when she gets back from leave so i can discuss my shifts for oct as they’ve scheduled me 20hrs for one of the weeks and if they do that again i won’t have time to revise for my resits so i want to make sure i’m only doing 8hrs a week for those two weeks (my contract is 8 hours)
Have you not got a supervisor while the manager is off on annual leave or HR? But yes if it's the manager who is allocating you the hours it would best to discuss the situation with her. Just politely put it in the text examplw
-Hey (insert name) I hope your having a good time on leave. Once your back are we Okay to schedule a short 15 minute meeting to discuss my hours as I am back at (uni/college) and it will affect my (study/revision time) ...

Yes that's fine. Its not like your handing in your notice via text.
bamany
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ash1234)
Have you not got a supervisor while the manager is off on annual leave or HR? But yes if it's the manager who is allocating you the hours it would best to discuss the situation with her. Just politely put it in the text examplw
-Hey (insert name) I hope your having a good time on leave. Once your back are we Okay to schedule a short 15 minute meeting to discuss my hours as I am back at (uni/college) and it will affect my (study/revision time) ...

Yes that's fine. Its not like your handing in your notice via text.
i have no idea i started a couple of weeks ago & because she went on leave for 2 weeks after i started it’s been a bit crazy and no ones really telling me anything. i am going in on sunday but i just want them to understand that up until the end of october this job is not more important than my exams! after that it’s completely fine like schedule me for as many hours as possible (i’m on a gap year so trying to earn to pay off what i can of loans on the future!) but thank you so much, i will text her and then try find out if there is another person to talk to
Ash1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dashaman)
i have no idea i started a couple of weeks ago & because she went on leave for 2 weeks after i started it’s been a bit crazy and no ones really telling me anything. i am going in on sunday but i just want them to understand that up until the end of october this job is not more important than my exams! after that it’s completely fine like schedule me for as many hours as possible (i’m on a gap year so trying to earn to pay off what i can of loans on the future!) but thank you so much, i will text her and then try find out if there is another person to talk to
I suggest you also ask in the text is there someone else I should contact while you are on leave. .. she might have forgotten your new too so just drop you just started too..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (236)
57.28%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.86%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.17%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.37%

Watched Threads