Natalie21198
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied for the retail graduate scheme this year. Has anyone else here applied for any?
yorkie43
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I have applied for the Business Scheme. What stage of the application are you up to ?
Natalie21198
Rep:
?
(Original post by yorkie43)
Hey! I have applied for the Business Scheme. What stage of the application are you up to ?
I passed the video interviews today, waiting to see if I’m short listed for the discovery centre! Wonder how long it’ll take to find out
Last edited by Natalie21198; 1 month ago
Natalie21198
Rep:
?
(Original post by blazefootball)
Hi. I applied to the finance scheme and, like yourself, passed the VI and am now waiting to find out if I've been shortlisted. Did you manage to login to Tesco's Amber track/pre discovery centre website? I haven't been able to login! (yes, i have tried resetting the password)

Looking at the 2020 thread, It sounds like we'll not hear back for another month.
I’ve been able to access it this evening. I got contacted by head of hr on linkedin and was told it will be a couple weeks to find out if we were successful. The discovery centres are running from November to February so I guess it could be a while to find out!
Natalie21198
Rep:
?
(Original post by blazefootball)
Have you always been able to access the Amber track? It’s strange because it’s as though the system doesn’t recognise my email. I’ve emailed the recruitment team about this issue, so hopefully they can get back to me and sort it out. So, the head of HR randomly reached out to you? Damn, I haven’t had any contact other than the automated ‘congratulations, you’ve passed…’ email.
No I wasn’t able to access it before I emailed too on Friday and got no response but tried again earlier and got the password link when I pressed I forgot it!

I asked the question of what’s the timeframe of response as a generic question on a Tesco post on linkedin expecting a grad response but she replied to me and messaged me about it. I hope it is only a couple weeks and not months as we’ve been pretty early to apply lol
carmenanya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Natalie21198)
No I wasn’t able to access it before I emailed too on Friday and got no response but tried again earlier and got the password link when I pressed I forgot it!

I asked the question of what’s the timeframe of response as a generic question on a Tesco post on linkedin expecting a grad response but she replied to me and messaged me about it. I hope it is only a couple weeks and not months as we’ve been pretty early to apply lol
how long after your VI did you receive the outcome? Thanks
Natalie21198
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by carmenanya)
how long after your VI did you receive the outcome? Thanks
I got another email about 5 minutes after to say I was successful with the VI!
yorkie43
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Only just checked this again and I am also waiting for a DC selection! Hope we hear back soon
rysemo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys, I applied for a tech graduate role with tescos in Welwyn yesterday, and I passed the games test and finished my video interview yesterday as well. The closing date for applications is on the 13th of October, I am not sure when the start date is. It doesnt say 2021 or 2022, dont most grad schemes recruit till november or early december? I am happy to start in December since my dissertation is due then but is anyone else in the same boat as me and a bit confused by it all?

Edit: to add as well, I checked the process and it says on the website that the video interview is reviewed by AI, but in my video interview it specifically said "This video interview will not be reviewed by AI, instead it will be reviewed by a person".
Last edited by rysemo; 3 weeks ago
Natalie21198
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rysemo)
Hi guys, I applied for a tech graduate role with tescos in Welwyn yesterday, and I passed the games test and finished my video interview yesterday as well. The closing date for applications is on the 13th of October, I am not sure when the start date is. It doesnt say 2021 or 2022, dont most grad schemes recruit till november or early december? I am happy to start in December since my dissertation is due then but is anyone else in the same boat as me and a bit confused by it all?

Edit: to add as well, I checked the process and it says on the website that the video interview is reviewed by AI, but in my video interview it specifically said "This video interview will not be reviewed by AI, instead it will be reviewed by a person".
The stores retail programme doesn’t have a closing date it will just close whenever they receive enough applications. As far as I’m aware the start dates for all the programmes are sept 2022 but I could be wrong!

You could email the grad recruitment team to see if they could give you more information on it?
yorkie43
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone had any updates yet I am still waiting with selection.
rysemo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I emailed the recruitment team and they said it takes about a week them to process the video interview. might be different for anyone who did the AI interview, mines being checked by a person.
Natalie21198
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Still waiting to hear back about assessment centres too! According to the pre discovery area the first assessment is November 9th so I’m thinking maybe mid October would be soonest to hear back
yorkie43
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Still waiting to hear back about assessment centres too! According to the pre discovery area the first assessment is November 9th so I’m thinking maybe mid October would be soonest to hear back
Yeh that what I am thinking... Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone !!
rysemo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
anyone's application status updated to 'interview'?
Natalie21198
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Yeah I noticed mine was updated to interview after I passed the VI stage!
Squiggels69
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah I noticed mine was updated to interview after I passed the VI stage!
How was the VI, how do I prepare? Thanks.
chinny123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I competed the VI a few days go but haven’t heard anything back. I thought that as it was AI it would be a quick response. So I’m a little worried that the outcome will be negative. On the portal it says ‘Applicaton under review’ but that’s been theee since the start.
chinny123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok I passed the video interview thankfully. But now there’s a shortlist? I thought we’d go straight to assessment centre after the VI?
rysemo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah i received another email about discovery centres. i think they are just finalising it and deciding when to run them, itll all be remote anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (154)
85.08%
No (27)
14.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed