getting into UK law school exeter- international student

Watch
artcat0426
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey! I'll be applying to Exeter for law, being an international student I wanted to know how long would it take for the university to respond with an offer
plain__jane
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heyy, I don't think that there's a specific amount of time it takes because it depends on the time you submit your application and if there are already a bulk of application to check, but most likely before February
expatmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artcat0426)
hey! I'll be applying to Exeter for law, being an international student I wanted to know how long would it take for the university to respond with an offer
It depends on where you're applying from and what kind of qualifications you already have. From my experience with my son having already taken enough AP's to get unconditional offers from certain univerisities meant he heard pretty quickly. If you've already got the grades and are going to pay double the fees that UK students pay they'll probably let you know fairly quickly
artcat0426
Rep:
?
(Original post by plain__jane)
Heyy, I don't think that there's a specific amount of time it takes because it depends on the time you submit your application and if there are already a bulk of application to check, but most likely before February
oh ok thank you
artcat0426
Rep:
?
(Original post by expatmum)
It depends on where you're applying from and what kind of qualifications you already have. From my experience with my son having already taken enough AP's to get unconditional offers from certain univerisities meant he heard pretty quickly. If you've already got the grades and are going to pay double the fees that UK students pay they'll probably let you know fairly quickly
oh, i see, I have grades that are above the entry requirement for law. regarding the APs could you pls advise me on any APs for law?
expatmum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh, i see, I have grades that are above the entry requirement for law. regarding the APs could you pls advise me on any APs for law?
Are you in the US?
artcat0426
Rep:
?
Are you in the US?
no, I'm from south asia
expatmum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you in the US?
Just had a look at the website. It seems like they equate a 32 at ACT to A*AA, which is the requirement for Law. However, given that Law is a competitive course I think you'd also need a strong transcript and GPA with AP courses in the humanities (essay writing) with scores of A's and 4's or 5's in the exams, to be sure. I know Exeter is literally the only UK Uni that will accept just an ACT score if it's high enough, but I expect there's a lot of competition for places so if you really want to go there you should have a well rounded application with a very law specific personal statement. You know that you will learn British law, right? Have you visited Exeter? It's pretty but quite small Good luck - let me know if I can help any more.
expatmum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no, I'm from south asia
Oh well, scratch what I said about a US application. Have you checked your country specific qualifications against what they want for law? If so you and you already have what they need you have a pretty good chance of an early offer, bearing in mind what I said in my last reply. Good luck!
artcat0426
Rep:
?
Just had a look at the website. It seems like they equate a 32 at ACT to A*AA, which is the requirement for Law. However, given that Law is a competitive course I think you'd also need a strong transcript and GPA with AP courses in the humanities (essay writing) with scores of A's and 4's or 5's in the exams, to be sure. I know Exeter is literally the only UK Uni that will accept just an ACT score if it's high enough, but I expect there's a lot of competition for places so if you really want to go there you should have a well rounded application with a very law specific personal statement. You know that you will learn British law, right? Have you visited Exeter? It's pretty but quite small Good luck - let me know if I can help any more.
Thanks a ton for all this information, so just to confirm, it is advisable to take up an essay writing AP right? also, nope i haven't visited exeter
artcat0426
Rep:
?
Oh well, scratch what I said about a US application. Have you checked your country specific qualifications against what they want for law? If so you and you already have what they need you have a pretty good chance of an early offer, bearing in mind what I said in my last reply. Good luck!
yes, I checked my country's specific requirements and I have grades above entry requirements with some unpaid legal work experience.
expatmum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks a ton for all this information, so just to confirm, it is advisable to take up an essay writing AP right? also, nope i haven't visited exeter
If you're applying this Autumn it's a bit late to take up an AP if youre not already in the class, unless you are self studying? It's hard for me to advise you specifically, not knowing what country your coming from and what qualifications you have / will have. Generally essay based subjects are good for law, I think. There are no specifically required subjects though, which is good. If you like you can pm me what country you are from and what your qualifications are? I'm happy to advise more but I'm sure there are others on here with a better knowledge of Exeter law, I'm speaking more from an international applicants perspective (or their mum! )
artcat0426
Rep:
?
I'll be entering uni in 2022 September for which I plan on sending my UCAS application in mid-October and once again thanks a million for your help!
expatmum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'll be entering uni in 2022 September for which I plan on sending my UCAS application in mid-October and once again thanks a million for your help!
no problem - good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
86.71%
No (19)
13.29%

Watched Threads