there’s nothing i’m good at

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
the titles pretty self explanatory, i have no hobbies and no talents and im just average at everything. everyone at school has stuff they’re good at and stuff theyre interested in but there’s nothing that im good at which kind of sucks. i honestly hate spending all my free time on my phone instead of having something i like doing, but i cant stop going on it for some reason

any advice?
Ash1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
the titles pretty self explanatory, i have no hobbies and no talents and im just average at everything. everyone at school has stuff they’re good at and stuff theyre interested in but there’s nothing that im good at which kind of sucks. i honestly hate spending all my free time on my phone instead of having something i like doing, but i cant stop going on it for some reason

any advice?
That's Ok! I wasn't into anything and I was below average good at the education side. But even if you "feel" you are not good at them hobbies or sports can't you atleast try them for a long period of time atleast that way even if you get put on sub on the side at least your around the atmosphere with your peers.

Is there an opportunity to do some work experience at a charity shop? I'm guessing your at school so what Year 10/11? Ask your school if there's any places you can do work experience one day a week. Focus on your studies I'd say. Then at college you can do work experience get a job or pick up a hobby.

Phone usage
It's normal! Leave it upstairs or in a draw and go downstairs. If you have no downstairs space then maybe visit the library, read a book or a magazine.

Do you not have a closeby Youth Club you can visit on the weekend or after school?
Last edited by Ash1234; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I would recommend joining some clubs in your school on topics you may be interested in. What are you passionate about?
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How about reading?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
This is just a thought ..

Maybe start to think is this a confidence issue..if you feel addicted to the mobile or If you feel you have confidence or self-esteem issues I would speak with the school and ask for mental health support to tackle them issues now before you go to college, university, apprenticeships or work. Plus extensive mental health services are free under the age of 25 so make the most off them. I know you can access nhs service anytime for free but I mean the services they offer for under 25s are pretty broad I believe..

Don't worry about what your peers or friends will stay this is so that you can have the best future once you tackle the issues you are facing now.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ash1234)
That's Ok! I wasn't into anything and I was below average good at the education side. But even if you "feel" you are not good at them hobbies or sports can't you atleast try them for a long period of time atleast that way even if you get put on sub on the side at least your around the atmosphere with your peers.

Is there an opportunity to do some work experience at a charity shop? I'm guessing your at school so what Year 10/11? Ask your school if there's any places you can do work experience one day a week. Focus on your studies I'd say. Then at college you can do work experience get a job or pick up a hobby.

Phone usage
It's normal! Leave it upstairs or in a draw and go downstairs. If you have no downstairs space then maybe visit the library, read a book or a magazine.

Do you not have a closeby Youth Club you can visit on the weekend or after school?
thank you for this! i think i might consider volunteering at a charity shop or something but i am quite awkward and don’t know if i’ll be good at it, we were supposed to do work experience last year but it was cancelled because of covid
Anonymous #1
I would recommend joining some clubs in your school on topics you may be interested in. What are you passionate about?
i literally don’t think i have anything i’m really passionate about, i’m a really boring person tbh and don’t have many interests
Anonymous #1
i used to love reading but i just cant concentrate on it anymore and end up just going on my phone
Anonymous #1
This is just a thought ..

Maybe start to think is this a confidence issue..if you feel addicted to the mobile or If you feel you have confidence or self-esteem issues I would speak with the school and ask for mental health support to tackle them issues now before you go to college, university, apprenticeships or work. Plus extensive mental health services are free under the age of 25 so make the most off them. I know you can access nhs service anytime for free but I mean the services they offer for under 25s are pretty broad I believe..

Don't worry about what your peers or friends will stay this is so that you can have the best future once you tackle the issues you are facing now.
thank you for this!
i don’t really know if it’s worth talking to anyone about it as i know that a lot of people are in like worse situations and need those resources more than i do
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i used to love reading but i just cant concentrate on it anymore and end up just going on my phone
You may consider starting to read books with colorful and vivid illustrations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (215)
56.43%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.12%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (44)
11.55%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.66%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
6.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.2%

Watched Threads