Quitting btec course & applying for apprenticeship

Watch
Isa821
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there, I’m on my last year of college studying level 3 science and I really want to quit my course because I’ve lost interest in it and want to apply for jobs so I can sort of add to my cv when applying for apprenticeship and I just want more experience in the working field but the only thing holding me back is me retaking gcse maths.
What should I do??
Haywoodmat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
pass maths then apply you probably won’t pass your interviews without maths
Ash1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Isa821)
Hi there, I’m on my last year of college studying level 3 science and I really want to quit my course because I’ve lost interest in it and want to apply for jobs so I can sort of add to my cv when applying for apprenticeship and I just want more experience in the working field but the only thing holding me back is me retaking gcse maths.
What should I do??
Last year of college, just wait till you finish and then apply for apprenticeships. At least that way you have the full Level 3 qualification. If you leave now then that means you won't get the full qualification?? Pass the GCSE's before pursuing any FE like apprenticeships and University.

What apprenticeships are you planning to do and is it related to science? You need to think that after an apprenticeship what if your applying for jobs which usually requests to see passed a few Gcse..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed