The Student Room Group

Emma Raducanu vs Greta Thunberg

Elite world-beating sportswoman who won the US Open at the same time as maxing out her A-levels.

vs

Pop-eyed, attention-seeking doom Goblin who chases cheesy publicity stunts and encourages children to fear the end of the world and tells them to bunk off school.

I really think Greta should check her privilege.

Scroll to see replies

Funny how you mention ''the end of the world'' as if shes fear-mongering.

yet the recent G20 back in 2020 events proved that scientists basically classified the world as being in deep **** when it comes to global warming and we have passed the point of no return when it comes to un-damaging the effects we have done. I for one having the privelaged to travel around the world and have first hand witnessed the utter trash that humans are responsible for...

Also just sitting in my background porch smoking it up in the afternoon an article I read a few months back blew my fckign mind how insects and bird rates where so low, that I had a sudden realisation that on my same porch I distinctly remember 10 years ago where there was a lot more insects present and birds chirping away, fast-forward to today I barely see birds anymore, if thats global warming and a huge concidence who knows...

Hell it doesnt take high IQ to notice that every country this year has broken record high temperatures due to all the pollution affecting weather/temperature etc...

I think Greta serves more positive then negative because:
-Drawing attention good or bad is always a good thing when being conscious about the environment.
-The more eyeballs on the subject the better, hopefully solutions come out...

-That being said I do think shes clearly being used as a ''puppet'' by older folks to get their message across, using a young girl as their front face so we should feel more sympathy and understanding about the situation...
-Shes ''hated'' because shes not taken seriously for her age, and comes accross as just a ''bratty child that knows nothing about climate change''

-Also I dont think she mentioned every kid to not go to school, but a complete re-hash on the *****y school system accross the globe is much needed to be completely honest.
Yes its very important to know the gender of a plant (Sarcasm) and completely neglect young males and females, how to properly open bussinesses and pay taxes until they hit 20s and still rely on mommy and daddy for basic ass life skills that SHOULD OF been taught at school in the first place...
Sorry for that eductional rant but its the truth...
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by AnonFromEu
Funny how you mention ''the end of the world'' as if shes fear-mongering.

yet the recent G20 back in 2020 events proved that scientists basically classified the world as being in deep **** when it comes to global warming and we have passed the point of no return when it comes to un-damaging the effects we have done. I for one having the privelaged to travel around the world and have first hand witnessed the utter trash that humans are responsible for...

Also just sitting in my background porch smoking it up in the afternoon an article I read a few months back blew my fckign mind how insects and bird rates where so low, that I had a sudden realisation that on my same porch I distinctly remember 10 years ago where there was a lot more insects present and birds chirping away, fast-forward to today I barely see birds anymore, if thats global warming and a huge concidence who knows...

Hell it doesnt take high IQ to notice that every country this year has broken record high temperatures due to all the pollution affecting weather/temperature etc...

I think Greta serves more positive then negative because:
-Drawing attention good or bad is always a good thing when being conscious about the environment.

-That being said I do think shes clearly being used as a ''puppet'' by older folks to get their message across, using a young girl as their front face so we should feel more sympathy and understandment about the situation...

-Also I dont think she mentioned every kid to not go to school, but a complete re-hash on the *****y school system accross the globe is much needed to be completely honest.
Yes its very important to know the gender of a plant (Sarcasm) and completely neglect young males and females, how to properly open bussinesses and pay taxes until they hit 20s and still rely on mommy and daddy for basic ass life skills that SHOULD OF been taught at school in the first place...
Sorry for that eductional rant but its the truth...

tell me, have you ever seen a graph of the share price of a company over time... and then progressively zoomed out further and further? try it and you'll realise how silly the scientific community are being
(edited 2 years ago)
H o w d a r e y o u ! ! ! Y o u h a v e s t o l e n m y d r e a m s a n d m y c h i l d h o o d w i t h y o u r e m p t y w o r d s !
Original post by A Rolling Stone

tell me, have you ever seen a graph of the share price of a company over time... and then progressively zoomed out further and further? try it and you'll realise how silly the scientific community are being

yes because the inflation of money in the economy goes hand in hand with the environment.

Definately not a concidence that ever since humans have built massive factories polluting all types in the air the past century alone, temperatures have risen and environemnts have suffered...

Matter of fact, I come from a country that its community was destroyed by enviromnental greed (Nickel mining)

Your comment alone is insulting asf.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Smh. The usual Trump supporters attacking innocent Greta Thunberg. Nothing wrong with her.
Reply 6
people hate on greta too much. she's annoying but she's just a kid who literally wants to save the planet
The only pop-eyed, attention-seeking doom Goblin that I formally recognise is the musician Mortiis. I will not be taking further questions at this time. Thank you.

Spoiler

Original post by Admit-One
The only pop-eyed, attention-seeking doom Goblin that I formally recognise is the musician Mortiis. I will not be taking further questions at this time. Thank you.

Spoiler

agretameter.jpg
Original post by Trinculo
Elite world-beating sportswoman who won the US Open at the same time as maxing out her A-levels.

vs

Pop-eyed, attention-seeking doom Goblin who chases cheesy publicity stunts and encourages children to fear the end of the world and tells them to bunk off school.

I really think Greta should check her privilege.

Greta really needs to work on her backhand :yep:
Comparing an elite athlete to an activist raising awareness about a scientific reality. What a dumb thread. No surprises you're the OP.
Reply 11
Original post by Democracy
Comparing an elite athlete to an activist raising awareness about a scientific reality. What a dumb thread. No surprises you're the OP.

"Reality". How many times have these lunatics predicted that the world had reached the point of no return? Wasn't the world supposed to end in 2000? Then 2010? Then 2020? What about when this very same crowd said that the most present threat to the earth was "Global Dimming"? Remember that one?

Funny how fickle environmentalism is. Remember when disposable plastics were the great Satan? Covid killed that one stone dead didn't it, with us all shovelling gloves, aprons and used lateral flow tests into landfill and incinerators just as fast as we can. Face it - no one really gives a hoot about the environment, and the likes of Greta are going to be ignored by normal people for as long as it takes. All they know how to do is to be fantastic hypocrites and cause annoyance to the rest of the world.
Original post by Trinculo
"Reality". How many times have these lunatics predicted that the world had reached the point of no return? Wasn't the world supposed to end in 2000? Then 2010? Then 2020? What about when this very same crowd said that the most present threat to the earth was "Global Dimming"? Remember that one?

Funny how fickle environmentalism is. Remember when disposable plastics were the great Satan? Covid killed that one stone dead didn't it, with us all shovelling gloves, aprons and used lateral flow tests into landfill and incinerators just as fast as we can. Face it - no one really gives a hoot about the environment, and the likes of Greta are going to be ignored by normal people for as long as it takes. All they know how to do is to be fantastic hypocrites and cause annoyance to the rest of the world.

You have to take into account that those ''predictions'' are made by sole individuals with little to no scientific backgrounds.
Its like a UFOlogis connaisseur came out and said we will make Contact with E.T on a specific date, would you believe them?

Here a good article on the BBC.com today about climate change, look at the graph where I mentioned temperatures rising in my previous comment above, this is statistical facts and not some random person speaking BS out of their ass in the name of 'environmentalism'.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-58600723

Also theres a reason why most people just do not give a single fck about the environment despite stating other wise becuase its politically correct to do so.
Humans for the most part ALWAYS wait until last minute to fix things, and climate isnt an exemption...
And yet both of them have achieved more than being a keyboard warrior...
Completely different people. I wouldn't compare Stormzy to Dua Lipa, would I?
Greta is a corvette, brutal power in her tone of voice, and can only make people listening to her go in one direction.

Emma, on the other hand, is a Rolls-Royce, a little bit more refined, more expensive too.

One of them lives the good life, whereas the other has more of an ego and is more of a fraud than David Haye.

In all, it’s like comparing Tony Bellew and Gennady GGG Golovkin, not a good thread.

Original post by RazzzBerries

How is the guy being a keyboard warrior?

Original post by the bear
agretameter.jpg

Here’s an Emma-meter:
😀😀😀😀😀

Original post by P0OR
Smh. The usual Trump supporters attacking innocent Greta Thunberg. Nothing wrong with her.

She just states her opinions in a rather assertive manner, nothing wrong with that.

Although it sounds like she has a really big ego…

The people criticising her can’t match the passion of the young lions like her
(edited 2 years ago)
A pretty girl who became talented and achieved much in life.
and
An ugly girl who became bitter and is angry at the world.

Such is life.
Neither craps golden nuggets, can we stop this media loving.
Original post by a_human_being?
Completely different people. I wouldn't compare Stormzy to Dua Lipa, would I?

i think u mean dula peep
Reply 19
Original post by RazzzBerries

Greta Thunberg hasn't achieved anything, other than making faces at the world.

Quick Reply

Latest