The Student Room Group

so stuck on options... need career advice or just some ideas

i picked applied science btec extended diploma due to corona and how i received gcse grades for mocks that i hadn’t revised for (nor knew they would turn out to be my final grade) and now i have no idea what to do.. all the career options that I would’ve liked aren’t accessible to me since i need to stay in london for uni and i also have huge goals. hugely disappointed and losing a lot of hope... some careers i was aiming for include anaesthesiologist which would've required me to do a medicine degree, not possible, even if i do a biomedicine degree i’d have to do an additional 3 years before my actual 15 years of study. dermatologist same thing i cant become one unless i have a medicine degree (not obtainable w a btec). looking into radiologist now but doesnt seem like i can do it without a medical degree. dentistry is also an option if there is even a way. super sad since i know i had the potential to do a levels (top sets for everything and heading towards a D*D*D)

if anyone can suggest a career option w huge salaries that u know i can obtain with a btec please let me know.. or any other pathways into medicine that wouldnt require me to do 3 years extra
Do some A levels or and access course and a degree and all of these are within your reach.
translator
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Do some A levels or and access course and a degree and all of these are within your reach.

im in my second year of sixth form would that still be possible? also could u tell me more abt access courses.. is it similar to gateway courses or a foundation year?
Reply 4
Original post by tinygirl96
translator

i dont speak other languages and i feel like i’d prefer something in a medical/health field
nurse
Reply 6
I’m in the same situation . Maybe radiography but they have the same salary as nurses or maybe a foundation year in optometry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending