realRXCH
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have a couple questions regarding repayments:

1. What is to stop people asking for the maximum student finance knowing they will be paying small amounts until their entire student finance debts are wiped in 30 years.

2. Is there any point saving right now? I’m working part time while in my second year of University planning to save over 70% of my income to pay off my student finance. Should I continue doing this or should I wait until I’m working full time to pay off student finance in monthly instalments.

3. What happens if you are unable to pay your student finance within the 30 years? Does it affect your credit rating or does nothing happen?
realRXCH
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Also, does the student finance amount you have to pay continue increasing as you pay it off? For instance, will I owe 30K after uni then something like 60K at the end of my 30 years.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by realRXCH)
I have a couple questions regarding repayments:

1. What is to stop people asking for the maximum student finance knowing they will be paying small amounts until their entire student finance debts are wiped in 30 years.

2. Is there any point saving right now? I’m working part time while in my second year of University planning to save over 70% of my income to pay off my student finance. Should I continue doing this or should I wait until I’m working full time to pay off student finance in monthly instalments.

3. What happens if you are unable to pay your student finance within the 30 years? Does it affect your credit rating or does nothing happen?
Hi there, your first two questions are up to you and our repayments team wouldn't be able to answer them.

Your third question, the debt is wiped after 30 years.

If you have any specific questions you can always message our repayments department on Twitter or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SLCRepayment

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (154)
54.8%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (41)
14.59%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.25%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.63%

Watched Threads