mischievousnoir
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi guys!
so I have a test on 8th October for A level chemistry which decides whether I am able to continue studying it for the full two years.

I was wondering what is the best way to memorize everything I need to know for it ((Atomic structure topic and bonding topic) for then to achieve the best grade possible as notes are taking a very long time and I don't seem to remember much from doing it

thank you!!!
squagglefish
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look up eliot rintoul on youtube he does videos on all the chemistry topics you need to know. Try using flashcards?
PastelColours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
practiceeee questionsssssss!
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mischievousnoir)
hi guys!
so I have a test on 8th October for A level chemistry which decides whether I am able to continue studying it for the full two years.

I was wondering what is the best way to memorize everything I need to know for it ((Atomic structure topic and bonding topic) for then to achieve the best grade possible as notes are taking a very long time and I don't seem to remember much from doing it

thank you!!!
Look at your specification for those topics. Go through each point. If you don't understand one of the points, look at your textbook and make notes.

Afte, do as many past paper questions as you can! You can find these on the website 'Physics and Maths Tutor'.
El1267
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mischievousnoir)
hi guys!

thank you!!!
Have a look at Eliot Rintoul on YouTube he really helped when I was revising for my A level exams. also past papers!!
For A level chem I did most, if not all my notes in the form of mind maps. This is of course not for everyone but really helped me condense the content.
You can never do too many practice questions. Look over your notes a couple times/ read the section of the textbook, and then do as many questions as you can and take time to see exactly where you went wrong.

With the school tests that they create themselves, (in my old school anyway) they often used past papers and sometimes just changed a few of the numbers in calc questions. So the more past papers and practice questions you do, the more likely you are to come across a question you've already done as practice.

good luck!!
Last edited by El1267; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I echo what everyone has said here, I brought up my first ever grade at AS from grade D, to getting an A on the resit paper. Grade D was about 28%? I really contemplated whether Medicine actually was for me, and whether A level was the right course for me.

I had the option, at the time, to resit my grade because if I wasn’t satisfied with it, so I spent around 9 hours in the library. Constantly focused, and went through each question in the past paper and identified which one I seriously needed help on. Revisiting some GCSE notes, really trying my hardest to understand each concept.

I did this for a whole paper and once that was complete, I did another one and did the same thing up until I absorbed everything that they could potentially ask me. Then I did a full paper, like 3, and got about 100% on each.

On the Monday after the weekend of revision, I did the exam and got 98%. Lost marks on the ideal gas equation, nevertheless you can see how resilience and hard work has impacted my grades. I’m by no means “intelligent” nor have a high IQ. Good luck.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed