waterbacon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
SFE Isaac

Hello,

So I have received information regarding my part-time loan entitlement for a BSc programme this year.

It is less than I would have thought, going by the loan calculator online. I have noticed however that the breakdown includes an income assessed portion. As I haven't provided any evidence of my household income, this is a bit confusing.

Do I need to do this in order to have it calculated correctly? And should I just upload my p60 online via the portal, or do I need to complete a form?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by waterbacon)
SFE Isaac

Hello,

So I have received information regarding my part-time loan entitlement for a BSc programme this year.

It is less than I would have thought, going by the loan calculator online. I have noticed however that the breakdown includes an income assessed portion. As I haven't provided any evidence of my household income, this is a bit confusing.

Do I need to do this in order to have it calculated correctly? And should I just upload my p60 online via the portal, or do I need to complete a form?
Hi,
To apply for the higher amount, you need complete the household income form ow.ly/d/8pbq and then either:

1. Provide your sponsors financial details https://www.gov.uk/guidance/supporti...n-3-easy-steps

OR

2. Meet the independent student criteria ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5

The forms can be uploaded online.

Thanks, Isaac
waterbacon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi,
To apply for the higher amount, you need complete the household income form ow.ly/d/8pbq and then either:

1. Provide your sponsors financial details https://www.gov.uk/guidance/supporti...n-3-easy-steps

OR

2. Meet the independent student criteria ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5

The forms can be uploaded online.

Thanks, Isaac
SFE Isaac Many thanks!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac Many thanks!
Sorry, I realise you said part time. Have you been awarded any Maintenance Loan?

Part time students can only receive a Maintenance Loan if the course is not distance learning.

Thanks, Isaac
waterbacon
Rep:
?
Sorry, I realise you said part time. Have you been awarded any Maintenance Loan?

Part time students can only receive a Maintenance Loan if the course is not distance learning.

Thanks, Isaac
SFE Isaac

Yes, part time. I have been awarded a maintenance loan as I will be attending in person and on campus this year.

I have already submitted the form and my p60, will this be an issue?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac

Yes, part time. I have been awarded a maintenance loan as I will be attending in person and on campus this year.

I have already submitted the form and my p60, will this be an issue?
The part time Maintenance Loan amount depends on our study intensity.

You can view a table here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/...ats-available/

You can apply for the higher amount if you have not done so already, I'd suggest giving us a call or messaging us on Facebook or Twitter so we can see what you have applied for an give the correct info. As I don't want to tell you to send in forms if they may not be required (since I can't view your account)

Thanks, Isaac
waterbacon
Rep:
?
The part time Maintenance Loan amount depends on our study intensity.

You can view a table here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/...ats-available/

You can apply for the higher amount if you have not done so already, I'd suggest giving us a call or messaging us on Facebook or Twitter so we can see what you have applied for an give the correct info. As I don't want to tell you to send in forms if they may not be required (since I can't view your account)

Thanks, Isaac
SFE Isaac

It should be 50% for me, though I assume the university will confirm this on a credit basis with SFE. I am applying for the higher amount.

Is the household income form the same regardless? As I have already submitted it with my p60 I will probably just wait to see what the outcome is, once it is reviewed.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
SFE Isaac

It should be 50% for me, though I assume the university will confirm this on a credit basis with SFE. I am applying for the higher amount.

Is the household income form the same regardless? As I have already submitted it with my p60 I will probably just wait to see what the outcome is, once it is reviewed.
Yes the form is the same.
Thanks, Isaac
waterbacon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 hours ago
Yes the form is the same.
Thanks, Isaac
SFE Isaac

Hello Isaac,

Me again. I have yet to hear back from the submission of the form, though I assume things are being dealt with at the 6 week mark still.

When I applied I input (and was awarded funding) based on taking 60 credits this year. I have since been informed I am actually doing 80, which means the course intensity is higher. The finance calculator indicates that I should be awarded more, and I would like to be assessed for this.

I have uploaded a letter onto the portal indicating this, but is there another form I need to submit? The amount is considerably more and so I would like to claim this if possible.

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (234)
57.35%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (52)
12.75%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.82%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.41%

Watched Threads