Is tuition fee included for masters or is it just the postgraduate loan

Watch
Davidier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was under the impression that the postgrad loan also included tuition fees, am I wrong?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Davidier)
I was under the impression that the postgrad loan also included tuition fees, am I wrong?
Hi! Davidier

I'm studying for my masters this year (postgrad). Your maintenance and tuition fee loan are combined into one loan. So you need to subtract your tuition fee from the loan to work out how much you will have left for maintenance.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
Melissa234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
so if you are applying for a part time two year postgrad course does that mean the loan would be stretched over the two years eg, if you course is 6k for the 2 years and you get a loan of 9k will you have the manage the left over 3k over the two years?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Davidier)
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi! Davidier

I'm studying for my masters this year (postgrad). Your maintenance and tuition fee loan are combined into one loan. So you need to subtract your tuition fee from the loan to work out how much you will have left for maintenance.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
(Original post by Melissa234)
so if you are applying for a part time two year postgrad course does that mean the loan would be stretched over the two years eg, if you course is 6k for the 2 years and you get a loan of 9k will you have the manage the left over 3k over the two years?
Hi,

There is no Maintenance or Tuition Fee Loan available to postgraduate applicants (unless you are studying a healthcare or teaching course).

Postgraduate applicants can receive a contribution to costs loan.

Postgraduate applicants are responsible for paying the tuition fee themselves (they can use the contribution to costs loan to assist with this if they want)

Yes the loan is paid over the duration of the whole course.

http://ow.ly/Ny1s30oSf1Y

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (156)
55.12%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (41)
14.49%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
10.95%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.19%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.59%

Watched Threads