The Student Room Group

I can't focus

lately I've been feeling so burned out, I'm not doing bad at college or anything but that's because i revised a lot during summer but no i just don't feel like studying or doing anything really, I'm not wasting time watching netflix, i'm wasting time sitting on my ass doing nothing, I just want to sleep sometimes but I wake up early too and I cant seem to wake up any other time but at that time which is 4 am.

I want to study and I do study but only 2 subjects (bio and chem) and i do past papers for them since we pretty much covered all the topics and tbh I'm not scoring bad but If i get a really good score on 1 paper and get not so good score on the other paper, I feel worthless and it makes me lose all my confidence and makes me hate myself if don't get a single question right. sometimes i can study for 12/15 hours but other times i can't at all and I hate that and I can't focus on my other subjects as well and I have mocks in 3 weeks

what can i do to focus and concentrate more?
Original post by rosienotrosie
try the pomodoro technique

yeah i did and did not really work for me
You need to relax and not be so hard on yourself, if your grades are generally good it’s okay to not have a perfect practice test, that’s what the practice is for. You have time to prepare. If you are too harsh on yourself it’s very demotivating and tiring to keep going. Leave a day doing nothing and forget about it completely then try returning to it. If you’re burned out you have to regain your energy somehow. Sometimes just watching something to chill out is better than being stuck and performing worse
Original post by xxx0xxxo
You need to relax and not be so hard on yourself, if your grades are generally good it’s okay to not have a perfect practice test, that’s what the practice is for. You have time to prepare. If you are too harsh on yourself it’s very demotivating and tiring to keep going. Leave a day doing nothing and forget about it completely then try returning to it. If you’re burned out you have to regain your energy somehow. Sometimes just watching something to chill out is better than being stuck and performing worse

but my practice test not being perfect is making me paranoid, I don't have time only 3 weeks and I tried taking breaks and it did not help because i kept thinking about school
Original post by summerbirdreads
but my practice test not being perfect is making me paranoid, I don't have time only 3 weeks and I tried taking breaks and it did not help because i kept thinking about school

I know I meant that if you’re not studying but ur just feeling guilty about not studying then it’s not proper relaxation. If you simply can’t relax then you can try approaching it very differently. Like writing a list of the things you got wrong and writing the answer very clearly for each one and reviewing the list so you don’t repeat a mistake. Make your improvements clear and specific so the problem doesn’t feel bigger than it is
Original post by xxx0xxxo
I know I meant that if you’re not studying but ur just feeling guilty about not studying then it’s not proper relaxation. If you simply can’t relax then you can try approaching it very differently. Like writing a list of the things you got wrong and writing the answer very clearly for each one and reviewing the list so you don’t repeat a mistake. Make your improvements clear and specific so the problem doesn’t feel bigger than it is

thank you!! i'll try that!

Quick Reply

Latest