Don't find her attractive

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been talking to a girl and we get on really well. We're friends and we talk all the time by message, we have a lot in common and we are quite similar. We've been out and I really enjoyed myself and time goes so quickly and I would like to go out again.

Sometimes she says things that make me think she likes me as more than a friend. I don't respond and have been clear about where I am at. The thing is, I don't find her physically attractive. It might sound shallow but she is not my normal 'type'. Other than that I think I would probably find her perfect, but is she a perfect friend as opposed to a partner?
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Keep her as a good platonic friend then.

Do what you can to increase her social circle. From which, you never know, she might find a boyfriend.
AnonFromEu
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
as said, keep her as your friend, unless its gets heated where she wants something more where you do not, then its probably best to cut ties peacefully.

Also you should as a man NEVER be shunned for rejecting a girl, its called preferences and women do it all the time to guys...
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It fine but may lead to angst. I do think doing a lot of date like things with someone because you really like them but not wanting a relationship because you don’t find them physically attractive can mix the person up a lot. From what I’ve seen girls are able to handle being friendzoned better than guys
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like you should keep her as a friend. Honestly I don't think there's any point dating someone you aren't attracted to.
username5655466
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well you can't force yourself to like someone as more than a friend. Hopefully she'll get the message and you will just remain friends.
Anonymous #1
Hopefully. I don't flirt or anything and I could be reading it all wrong because I am no good at telling when someone likes me, I just find the things said sometimes odd. I have made it very clear through conversations that I am wanting to be single and am not looking to change that so hopefully she knows, I just don't want to make it personal and make her feel awkward because she's a great person and I really appreciate her.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
What does she look like? And what's your usual type?
Anonymous #1
My usual type I would say is slim, pretty and typically girly. She is slim but she is more of a tomboy than girly. I wouldn't say she was unattractive generally speaking, but not the type I would go for usually.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (296)
57.36%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (72)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (58)
11.24%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (44)
8.53%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.88%

Watched Threads