The Student Room Group
Original post by metroplex
On the website it states: " BBC including B in Biology or Chemistry. Applicants with predicted or achieved grades of AAB or above, or with A in Chemistry, are not eligible for this course."
My actual grades were ABC.
A-Psychology
B-Biology
C-Chemistry
Would this make me eligible to apply to this programme, baring in mind that I do well in the UCAT?

Yes - your grades are fine.
Its a widening participation Year 0 course so the upper grade boundary is there to limit it to people who don't have high enough grades to apply for the 5 year course. Just make sure you meet the eligibility criteria - ie. specific low achieving school.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Yes - your grades are fine.
Its a widening participation Year 0 course so the upper grade boundary is there to limit it to people who don't have high enough grades to apply for the 5 year course. Just make sure you meet the eligibility criteria - ie. specific low achieving school.

Yeah my post code fits within the low tax bracket along with my school. I was just worrying that perhaps the A in Psychology might be something they'll reject. So say if I retook chemistry and I got a B, would it still be okay if I had ABB, as long as it's not AAB.

Do you know roughly what the UCAT scores are for dentistry, I know they say they change it each year but just roughly?
Original post by metroplex
Yeah my post code fits within the low tax bracket along with my school.

"This course is open to applicants from specific schools and colleges in the UK only and/or to those who have spent 3 months or more in care."
The other WP criteria that apply at Bristol (ie. home postcode) do not apply to the Gateway courses.
Schools/colleges : https://www.bristol.ac.uk/media-library/sites/study/documents/Aspiring%20State%20Schools%20and%20Colleges%20for%202022%20cycle%20England%20and%20Wales.pdf
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
"This course is open to applicants from specific schools and colleges in the UK only and/or to those who have spent 3 months or more in care."
The other WP criteria that apply at Bristol (ie. home postcode) do not apply to the Gateway courses.
Schools/colleges : https://www.bristol.ac.uk/media-library/sites/study/documents/Aspiring%20State%20Schools%20and%20Colleges%20for%202022%20cycle%20England%20and%20Wales.pdf

how do you know if your school/college is eligible?
Reply 5
Original post by maryam.678
how do you know if your school/college is eligible?

This thread is TWO YEARS old - you will need to check the current eligibility criteria on Bristol's website.

Latest