Keh1165
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When I put my personal statement into UCAS, the line formatting goes all strange. When I click preview, some lines only have two or three words in, and others are the full width of the page. Is this right, or have I done something wrong?
kanvi06
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is right - the UCAS format is a lot different from the normal Word or Google Docs format, so just remember to always check your character count using theirs to make sure you're in the range. It's really confusing, I know lol - when I first checked my PS against it I was really confused.
Keh1165
Rep:
?
I'm within the line and character limit and it still doesn't look like normal paragraphs. Once I click preview everything changes and it looks all messed up. Should I leave it as it is? Will their view of it be different?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sound like you might have carriage returns in odd places.

The preview you see is how it will appear to universities so if you can’t see proper paragraphing and blank lines between paragraphs then you would usually need to make some edits to fix the formatting.
Keh1165
Rep:
?
I've noticed if I increase the width of the web page it looks like normal paragraphs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (115)
86.47%
No (18)
13.53%

Watched Threads