The Student Room Group

Is it okay to ask a professor for a copy of their research paper?

I'm an A Level student so I'm not actually attending the university where this professor works but I'm interested in reading their paper as part of my NEA component of English Literature. Problem is I can't find a copy anywhere; it's in a book but the book costs £40 second hand on ebay. Would it be considered rude if I emailed the professor to ask if they could point me in the direction of where I could read this essay?
Original post by emobibliophile
I'm an A Level student so I'm not actually attending the university where this professor works but I'm interested in reading their paper as part of my NEA component of English Literature. Problem is I can't find a copy anywhere; it's in a book but the book costs £40 second hand on ebay. Would it be considered rude if I emailed the professor to ask if they could point me in the direction of where I could read this essay?

Most academics love it when people want to read their work. It's fine to ask, just explain that your school doesn't have access to the right online resources.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending