I think Keir cares about the working class.

Watch
TCA2b
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Keir cares... the Keir bear. What a motto.
TCA2b
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by boycottdiversity)
Keir is Tony Blair

Boris is fat Blair with yellow hair

They all serve the same master
Then we had May who was Blair in a dress with a bad wig.
TCA2b
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
I don't disagree with anything you've said.

It is inaccurate when describing traditional conservatives and reactionaries like us.

But I think with other right wing groups there is something to it. For instances: hardcore libertarians and neonazis.

There is a point where I think libertarians cross over into the left as I'm sure you're aware of- obv there is a lot of crossover- both anti borders, both for absoloute personal freedom etc-

And with NeoNazis or WigNats - it's actually hilarious how they've actually become left wing. If you get BLM literature, replace the word "White" with "Jews" and "Black" with "White" and you're basically there. I actually was banned from one of their platforms age s ago for (Among other things eg bullying/trolling people) mocking the pagans on there which have come up with these elaborate copes as to how weak Christians overpowered the mighty pagans LMAO. There are plenty of other examples too, eg they're economically left wing.

So basically I'm saying that the role of ideology is a circular liberal concept that people on the right need to transcend entirely by returning to God/Theology.
It's honestly why I've gone off "mainline" libertarianism. I only ever ascribed to the version of it proffered by Hans Hermann Hoppe, which is a distinctive branch, more closely aligned to more traditionally conservative views when it comes to social mores and its views on egalitarianism. Mainline libertarians irritate me as much as, if not more than, some of our special leftist amigos.
DSilva
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not entirely, although there is a lot of material that says that actually protecting Human Rights is in the strategic interest of the US and the UK. Are you familiar with liberal democratic peace theory?

It basically holds that liberal democracies like ours do not go to war with each other and as such should be strongly promoted in the "national interest" to such an extent that non democracies and illiberal states are seen as defacto existing in a state of aggression.

This is very much against traditional conservative ideas of realpolitik- which is represented by someone like Putin.

Whilst obviously there were dodgy reasons for the war on Terror such as the military industrial complex and Zionist intrigue, it was not a war of colonialism or conquest - Iraq did not become part of the British empire.
The human rights stuff was just a front.
Starship Trooper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
The human rights stuff was just a front.
Sure- "Human rights" in any context is almost always a front and always has been! Which is partly why I'm so against leftist liberalism.
DSilva
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sure- "Human rights" in any context is almost always a front and always has been! Which is partly why I'm so against leftist liberalism.
We are in agreement about foreign intervention.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Naturally I stand opposed to your views on intervention. I consider the Arab world to be akin to the barbarian tribes outside Rome, we should expand our cultural superiorty lest we suffer the same fate as the western Roman empire. They paid the price for leaving the barbarians at the gate.
Last edited by Rakas21; 2 weeks ago
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Naturally I stand opposed to your views on intervention. I consider the Arab world to be akin to the barbarian tribes outside Rome, we should expand our cultural superiorty lest we suffer the same fate as the western Roman empire. They paid the price for leaving the barbarians at the gate.
I don't know if that is directed at me but your argument is simply nonsense on a variety of levels. I am not really an isolationist and agree with you that the Roman empire, British empire and others have been huge forces for good in the world overall. The problem is these empires are very different to the one you are supporting (The Global American Empire (GAE))

- GAE views it's "cultural superiority" as support for LGBT rights, BLM, feminism and "equality"- to the extent that US embassies will often fly the BLM or/ and the pride flag on its embassies.
-Things which old empires supported such as imperialism, social conservativism and basic meritocracy which made them great are actively denounced by GAE which are more interested in things like "white privilege" as said by GAE top general Milley
- the only way we are going to get "invaded" is if we invite hundreds of thousands of these people into our country and support them (which GAE strongly advocates for- and tries to punish states like Hungary that try and prevent this).
-This is because in many ways GAE views these "barbarians" as superior to its white "privileged" native population.
-But even if all that wasn't enough for you then there's also the fact thats it's costly, unpopular and doesn't work even if we had competent people running it- it is now a complete failure- the Taliban are stronger than ever, Iraq is an Iranian proxy state and Libya is ****ed.

So in short GAE is not just corrupt and incompetent - it's evil too and every right thinking westerner should hasten it's inevitable downfall.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As I have said before the only reasoms to support neoconservativism in 2021 are:

-You are benefiting from it personally somehow eg you are profiting from the Arms trade.
-You are a hardcore Ultra Zionist that wants to destabilise the middle east
- you are hardcore leftie and want these values (feminism, LGBT rights) imposed by gunpoint on the middle east
-you are a useful idiot
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Naturally while I believe that the homosexuals should be allowed to indulge themselves and women work, I don't care for the things mentioned. Bringing the liberty we enjoy (civilising them so to speak) is not the same as bringing modern liberalism which I absolutely agree is a disease doing untold damage to the core of society.

Ultimately we must argue for the change we wish to see, we can't just leave these people to it for a few decades until the political winds swing away from modern liberalism again.
Louis IX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We tried that in Afghanistan, and we found out that the majority of Afghans preferred the Taliban to the Western-backed puppet government.

If what you're saying is true, the totally not CIA-backed women's rights protests in Afghanistan would have had hundreds of thousands of Afghan supporters and the Taliban would have no power.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As I have said before the only reasoms to support neoconservativism in 2021 are:

-You are benefiting from it personally somehow eg you are profiting from the Arms trade.
-You are a hardcore Ultra Zionist that wants to destabilise the middle east
- you are hardcore leftie and want these values (feminism, LGBT rights) imposed by gunpoint on the middle east
-you are a useful idiot
Do you consider Thatcherism to be a form of neo-conservatism?
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Bringing the liberty we enjoy (civilising them so to speak) is not the same as bringing modern liberalism which I absolutely agree is a disease doing untold damage to the core of society.

we can't just leave these people to it for a few decades until the political winds swing away from modern liberalism again.
It literally is though.

Why not? We can't survive A few more decades of modern liberalism - which you acknowledge is toxic.

Maybe if the Roman empire had spent more time fixing it's broken and corrupt system and less time on pointless military excursions it would still be here.

Name:  Screenshot_2021-09-26-13-32-31-34_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  84.8 KB
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Do you consider Thatcherism to be a form of neo-conservatism?
Partially but not entirely... Thatcherism needs to be taken into the context of the time and the wider Cold War.

I think if Thatcher was alive today and sound of mind she would be 100% Pro Trump.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Louis IX)
We tried that in Afghanistan, and we found out that the majority of Afghans preferred the Taliban to the Western-backed puppet government.

If what you're saying is true, the totally not CIA-backed women's rights protests in Afghanistan would have had hundreds of thousands of Afghan supporters and the Taliban would have no power.
That is because we allowed them to keep their religion outside of the home and have not sufficiently brought up enough of the next generation to be educated in our values. We should learn lessons but the lesson is not to stay out.
Louis IX
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That is because we allowed them to keep their religion outside of the home and have not sufficiently brought up enough of the next generation to be educated in our values. We should learn lessons but the lesson is not to stay out.
I'm not a fan of Islam but I don't think "ban Islam, bulldoze mosques and indoctrinate Afghan schoolchildren about the virtues of Western decadence liberal capitalist society" is going to win over many hearts and minds.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm not a fan of Islam but I don't think "ban Islam, bulldoze mosques and indoctrinate Afghan schoolchildren about the virtues of Western decadence liberal capitalist society" is going to win over many hearts and minds.
So the secular side of the american dream has never appealed to you?
Nor the domestic policies pursued by Henry VIII after he decided to break from Rome and almost of the british monarchs descended from the Coburgs or House of Stuart?
Louis IX
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
So the secular side of the american dream has never appealed to you?
Nor the domestic policies pursued by Henry VIII after he decided to break from Rome and almost of the british monarchs descended from the Coburgs or House of Stuart?
I'm not a massive fan of forcing Cajuns and Latinos to speak English or being burnt at the stake, so I'll have to pass on both of them. :lol:
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm not a massive fan of forcing Cajuns and Latinos to speak English
What are you, some kinda liberal?

Spoiler:
Show
just kidding
Last edited by Starship Trooper; 2 weeks ago
Louis IX
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What are you, some kinda liberal?

Spoiler:
Show
just kidding
The Louisiana Purchase and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
Spoiler:
Show
Seriously though, the way the Cajuns were treated and made a minority in their own country was amazingly crappy and I'm surprised that more SJW's aren't annoyed about it.

Of course Cajuns tend to be religious, conservative and of European extraction so they probably don't count as a "persecuted minority".
Last edited by Louis IX; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.37%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.03%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.44%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.72%

Watched Threads