?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I did my UCAT a week ago and I got 2950
VR - 600
DM - 730
QR - 880
AR - 740
SJT - B2
There's no point in me posting this because nothing can be done but I don't really know what to feel about this because my VR was lower than what I expected and I was hoping for a B1 in SJT. At first I thought it was a good result but after looking at many threads on here I feel lost.
_onyourleft
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Seriously, that’s an amazing score! Even on the interim statistics (which are generally overinflated), that puts you into the top 10% of test takers, so you’ll be able to make a very competitive application to uni. Band 2 is also brilliant, most unis usually just specify you need B3 or above so you’ve met the criteria. Honestly don’t base your achievements off The Student Room or you’ll never feel adequate (I learnt that the hard way - we’re the biggest bunch of overachievers you’ve ever encountered!). Just be proud of your score and the work you’ve put in to get there
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bruh you’re above the UCAT cutoff for every medical school.
Fruit09
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Bruh you’re above the UCAT cutoff for every medical school.
I know but it seems like some universities really like Band 1 and sub section scores
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fruit09)
I know but it seems like some universities really like Band 1 and sub section scores
Don’t know where you got that from. Band 2 is still good! Kcl gives higher weighing to people with band 1/2 and some universities use the SJT for their interview scores but it won’t disadvantage you. The only medical school that uses subsection scores that I can think of is Nottingham which uses the VR. Subsection scores are pretty much irrelevant for most places.
Fruit09
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Don’t know where you got that from. Band 2 is still good! Kcl gives higher weighing to people with band 1/2 and some universities use the SJT for their interview scores but it won’t disadvantage you. The only medical school that uses subsection scores that I can think of is Nottingham which uses the VR. Subsection scores are pretty much irrelevant for most places.
Thank you
Incidentaloma
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fruit09)
This is the case for Warwick's graduate entry programme, which gives extra weighting to VR. Other GEM courses may have similar preferences, I don't know, but if you're applying as a school leaver to the standard undergrad courses it doesn't affect you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (21)
55.26%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (6)
15.79%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (5)
13.16%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
2.63%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
5.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
7.89%

Watched Threads