The Student Room Group

Panicking about getting my AQA replacement certified results back in time.

I have sent of an application to AQA twice just in case they didn't recieve the first one, I suffer with anxiety and it is killing me recently because I am currently applying to do a PGCE course but they need my GCSE English and Maths and for some reason I thought the uni would have them on record since I have studied here for 3 years... well it turns out they don't which is understandable for GDPR reasons I guess but even still I think if the university has already had to check this before especially when it is the same university in the first place, they should have something right? Either way they want proof that I passed my GCSE Maths and English... well how did I manage to get to college doing a level 3 course from the bat let alone university.

It is crazy how there isn't systems in place to keep achievements on record for people because this has been an utter nightmare and has really made me anxious and has stressed me out.

Since AQA have received my application and payment the university has given me 6 weeks extension to get the certified statement handed in. However, on the AQA website they mention it can take up to 20 working days (4 weeks) to get my certified statement and because of covid, it can take longer. I still don't believe 6 weeks is going to be long enough and it is really stressing me out as my money situation is not the greatest and they said if I don't get them by this extension then I will be liable for all charges. Which is really getting me on edge.

Sorry for the rant! Just stressed, feeling sick and anxious.
Original post by Nebula1198
I have sent of an application to AQA twice just in case they didn't recieve the first one, I suffer with anxiety and it is killing me recently because I am currently applying to do a PGCE course but they need my GCSE English and Maths and for some reason I thought the uni would have them on record since I have studied here for 3 years... well it turns out they don't which is understandable for GDPR reasons I guess but even still I think if the university has already had to check this before especially when it is the same university in the first place, they should have something right? Either way they want proof that I passed my GCSE Maths and English... well how did I manage to get to college doing a level 3 course from the bat let alone university.

It is crazy how there isn't systems in place to keep achievements on record for people because this has been an utter nightmare and has really made me anxious and has stressed me out.

Since AQA have received my application and payment the university has given me 6 weeks extension to get the certified statement handed in. However, on the AQA website they mention it can take up to 20 working days (4 weeks) to get my certified statement and because of covid, it can take longer. I still don't believe 6 weeks is going to be long enough and it is really stressing me out as my money situation is not the greatest and they said if I don't get them by this extension then I will be liable for all charges. Which is really getting me on edge.

Sorry for the rant! Just stressed, feeling sick and anxious.

Have you lost your GCSE certificates? Did you collect them from school?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Have you lost your GCSE certificates? Did you collect them from school?

Yeah, unfortunately I lost them during my time at University, they must have gotten lost when moving around places as each year I lived somewhere different :frown:
Original post by Nebula1198
Yeah, unfortunately I lost them during my time at University, they must have gotten lost when moving around places as each year I lived somewhere different :frown:

Make sure you don't lose them again as you'll probably need to show them each time you get a teaching post.
Reply 4
Yeah I am going to take photos of all of my certificates in the future as this has really stressed me out. Not going to lie though, go back a few years and I never thought I would be applying to train as a teacher.
Reply 5
I’m in the exact same situation rn. How long Did it take for the certified statement to come?? Also is it £43 for the whole exam series? Thanks :smile:
Hey do you remember how long it took?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending