Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My uni has been online. I live in the suburbs and there’s nothing for miles in my area. I have no friends. I’m very active mentally and at home but apart from the odd outdoor walk I never go anywhere but the local shop. Mostly because it’s so much effort to commute to the town and try to attend random things in the hope of meeting people from scratch. I gave up. But enjoy my own hobbies. Is that pathetic to hear if someone says they just don’t go anywhere much?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no it is not pathetic. you are working towards a bright future and keeping yourself and others safe from the virus :congrats:
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You need to find more activities that will look good on your CV; part-time job, mentoring, volunteering. How else will you develop transferrable skills that will make you attractive to an employer? You're going to have to make the effort to go out and find a job at some stage, so start making an effort to do more now.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My uni has been online. I live in the suburbs and there’s nothing for miles in my area. I have no friends. I’m very active mentally and at home but apart from the odd outdoor walk I never go anywhere but the local shop. Mostly because it’s so much effort to commute to the town and try to attend random things in the hope of meeting people from scratch. I gave up. But enjoy my own hobbies. Is that pathetic to hear if someone says they just don’t go anywhere much?
So basically you can't be bothered. It is pathetic, stop being lazy and get off your arse. You have no hope of normal adult life especially with that attitude
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
You need to find more activities that will look good on your CV; part-time job, mentoring, volunteering. How else will you develop transferrable skills that will make you attractive to an employer? You're going to have to make the effort to go out and find a job at some stage, so start making an effort to do more now.
Exactly, a lot of students go stupid boring university, it's not going to stand out.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So basically you can't be bothered. It is pathetic, stop being lazy and get off your arse. You have no hope of normal adult life especially with that attitude
I can see why you'd want to be anonymous.
Anonymous #1
I didn’t mention those things? Since you ask, I have had a part time job remote/online for most of the year whilst in full time study and am doing unpaid work until I land a new job
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn’t mention those things? Since you ask, I have had a part time job remote/online for most of the year whilst in full time study and am doing unpaid work until I land a new job
But what is bringing you to contact with other people for that part of future job applications?

Why do you need to attend things in order to meet people? Why can't you just go to events for the fact of attending them?
Anonymous #1
But what is bringing you to contact with other people for that part of future job applications?

Why do you need to attend things in order to meet people? Why can't you just go to events for the fact of attending them?
It’s mostly my remote location and fact that I don’t drive. I’ve been trying to take more lessons but all thru lockdowns instructors weren’t working. I would attend things for sake of enjoying it but I’m full on with the WFH things I have to do plus financially it’s not good. So it’s easier to stay at home and do all I can from there. But it’s isolating
Thisismyunitsr
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I once didn’t leave the house for around a month and a half (before the lockdown) and it did me no harm.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Thisismyunitsr)
I once didn’t leave the house for around a month and a half (before the lockdown) and it did me no harm.
Wow what did you spend your days doing?
Thisismyunitsr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wow what did you spend your days doing?
Basically playing video games, wasting away on stupid websites and occasionally applying for jobs
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Thisismyunitsr)
Basically playing video games, wasting away on stupid websites and occasionally applying for jobs
What kind of websites?

I do that too sometimes
Thisismyunitsr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What kind of websites?

I do that too sometimes
Mainly this one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.9%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.61%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.17%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.72%

Watched Threads