Cifas and credit score

Watch
MannyManny
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello my account got locked due to fraudulent activity when I was 16 or 17 can't remember it's been four years and I've got 2 more years to go till I'm removed from blacklist. My question is since I was under age and therefore didn't have a credit score would it have affected my credit secondly now that I'm over the age 18 as I am 20 now will
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MannyManny)
Hello my account got locked due to fraudulent activity when I was 16 or 17 can't remember it's been four years and I've got 2 more years to go till I'm removed from blacklist. My question is since I was under age and therefore didn't have a credit score would it have affected my credit secondly now that I'm over the age 18 as I am 20 now will
You need to understand that a "credit score" is a made up number that has no bearing on how lenders will treat you.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CIFAS never affects your credit score - as IWMTom says, you're mixing up two things. CIFAS is a fraud database, entirely separate from a credit score. You could have a 'perfect' Experian credit score of 999 but if you have an entry against you on CIFAS, no lender is going to touch you with a bargepole.

Essentially, you will be locked out of any sort of mainstream credit until the CIFAS entry is removed from the register - which as you say is another two years. Your age, both when you collected the CIFAS entry and now are irrelevant.
struggler07
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It could affect your chances to get credit even after it goes since you haven’t had credit in 6 years
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (0)
0%
No (0)
0%

Watched Threads