The Student Room Group

Student finance

I’ve applied for student finance and they’ve asked for my national insurance number. I’m a week away from setting off to uni and apparently my national insurance number will take like 8 weeks to get here. Panicking like crazy
Reply 1
hiya

it doesn’t really take 8 weeks.
mine took just under 2 weeks so I think it depends.

I lost my NI number so I filled in the form ‘CA5403’ and posted it- you can get tracked posting to make sure the gov get it faster and in turn they will hav a faster turnaround

hope that helps a bit :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by anon12m
hiya

it doesn’t really take 8 weeks.
mine took just under 2 weeks so I think it depends.

I lost my NI number so I filled in the form ‘CA5403’ and posted it- you can get tracked posting to make sure the gov get it faster and in turn they will hav a faster turnaround

hope that helps a bit :smile:

When u sent the letter to the gov, do u get an email confirming that u sent it? i sent it but have no clue if they got it
Reply 3
Original post by San139
When u sent the letter to the gov, do u get an email confirming that u sent it? i sent it but have no clue if they got it

nope they didnt comtact me at all. i just randomly got my NI number one day in the post. don’t worry it should soon come
Reply 4
Original post by anon12m
nope they didnt comtact me at all. i just randomly got my NI number one day in the post. don’t worry it should soon come

Theyre asking me to send evidence. to send original passport, biometric residence permit, and evidence cover letter. Do i actually send them the passport itself? and id
Reply 5
Original post by San139
Theyre asking me to send evidence. to send original passport, biometric residence permit, and evidence cover letter. Do i actually send them the passport itself? and id

when I did it. I just photocopied my passport. That should be good enough for them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending