If a guy is maybe a scaredy cat does it put you off?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am not really an alpha male and always feel nervous and on edge I also find it difficult to take risks and have no kind of balls. I think maybe this is a big turn-off for women but they have never mentioned it.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think the fact you unironically use words like 'alpha male' may be more offputting than any cowardice on your part.
Last edited by ROTL94; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
sweetheart there is someone out there for everyone. and not every woman wants an alpha. remember opposites don't usually attract when it comes to most things except the alpha/beta thing (imo anyways). i genuinely believe that alpha men want to date - or are better suited to - beta females and alpha females may not want to date but are definitely better suited to beta males. been saying it to my friends all the time. many of them are alpha females but they always clash whenever they date an alpha male. too much ego in one relationship, it never works. me on the other hand i am happily married and have been to my beta husband (although i don't consider myself to be fully alpha. in fact i'm more an omega) and when everyone asks me how i got so lucky i said its because i didn't settle for an alpha. trust me i've dated alphas in the past and found them insufferable, i hate when someone other than me tries to call the shots.

anyway sorry i waffled on. fact is maybe not all women will like it. but some will. i certainly did. so wait patiently and never be ashamed of who you are. if you get scared you get scared, so what. you're human. if a girl doesn't like it then shes not the one for you. if a girl likes you she will accept you for who you are.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am not really an alpha male and always feel nervous and on edge I also find it difficult to take risks and have no kind of balls. I think maybe this is a big turn-off for women but they have never mentioned it.
i mean reading this back to yourself, does this sound like it would be attractive?
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No but what is a turn off is lack of self confidence
HunterxK
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes it is.
I want a man who will take out the spiders. Not call for me to take them out.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It would put most people off I think. It's the sort of thing many would quietly judge rather than confront you about.
ThatComputerNerd
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
its time to hit the gym and hunt some bears
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
i mean reading this back to yourself, does this sound like it would be attractive?
I dunno that is why I am asking the question I am not a complete wimp I am quite fit and strong I just get nervous in unfamiliar situations and when get threatened by chavs. Also some women prefer more intelligent guys to ones who are aggressive/loud. Also no I am not scared of spiders.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise