Angie511
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiii , so I'm going to be doing three a levels this year, fast track ones (online)cause I don't really want to spend two years studying them. The university I want to go to next year has these requirements: 4 GCE Advanced Level passes or 3 GCE Advanced Level passes + 1 GCE Advanced Subsidiary level pass.

I think doing four a levels would be too much for me so I decided to take another AS level subject which would be biology. Do anyone think I could do my AS level exam at the same time as my other three a levels and are there any online a level courses being able to offer that? although I'm sure i ve seen some before. Thanks for the help
lalexm
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Angie511)
Hiii , so I'm going to be doing three a levels this year, fast track ones (online)cause I don't really want to spend two years studying them. The university I want to go to next year has these requirements: 4 GCE Advanced Level passes or 3 GCE Advanced Level passes + 1 GCE Advanced Subsidiary level pass.

I think doing four a levels would be too much for me so I decided to take another AS level subject which would be biology. Do anyone think I could do my AS level exam at the same time as my other three a levels and are there any online a level courses being able to offer that? although I'm sure i ve seen some before. Thanks for the help
Not wanting to be too negative, but have you come across anyone that has done 3 A-levels plus 1 AS level, all in one year, and got decent grades, because I certainly haven’t? Are you being realistic?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

:erm: No university has a standard entry criteria of 4 A levels (or 3 A levels plus an AS). Are you quite sure about this? What university and course is it?
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what are your subjects? getting good grades are possible but you'll need to work your ass off and say goodbye to any hobbies and social life, even then if you study too much without taking any break you'll most likely get burned out unless you're so determined
lil_lily__
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

don't do 3/4 a-levels in one year. you would have to work yourself to the bone to get good grades. just do that extra year - unless you are willing to burn yourself out and have no social life for a year??
Angie511
Rep:
?
(Original post by lil_lily__)
don't do 3/4 a-levels in one year. you would have to work yourself to the bone to get good grades. just do that extra year - unless you are willing to burn yourself out and have no social life for a year??
I just don't want to lose another year, plus I'm only doing three and the AS level just because the university wants it. When I did my GCSEs I spent a whole month studying non stop and managed to pass all of them, even though i can't really compare this to that I'm sure ill manage . I don't mind sacrificing my social life, its not like i have much of one anyways ahaha
Angie511
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
what are your subjects? getting good grades are possible but you'll need to work your ass off and say goodbye to any hobbies and social life, even then if you study too much without taking any break you'll most likely get burned out unless you're so determined
im taking law, psychology, english lit and language . Has anyone done eng lit and langauge combined, i didn't really understand how im supposed to carry out the coursework?
Angie511
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
:erm: No university has a standard entry criteria of 4 A levels (or 3 A levels plus an AS). Are you quite sure about this? What university and course is it?
it didn't make sense to me so I emailed them but they still have to get back to me, it was the entry requirements for uni in Malta, pretty sure it's the only public one there.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it didn't make sense to me so I emailed them but they still have to get back to me, it was the entry requirements for uni in Malta, pretty sure it's the only public one there.
Oh, OK. This is a UK site which deals primarily with UK qualifications and universities, so it might be the case that a foreign university would have different entry criteria.

To answer your question, it's unlikely that you would do well in three A levels plus an AS in biology if you try to study them privately in one year. It's too much work, basically - and without expert support and guidance (this isn't the same as an online course), it's going to be unrealistic.
0ptics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just don't want to lose another year, plus I'm only doing three and the AS level just because the university wants it. When I did my GCSEs I spent a whole month studying non stop and managed to pass all of them, even though i can't really compare this to that I'm sure ill manage . I don't mind sacrificing my social life, its not like i have much of one anyways ahaha
I apologise if I come off as crude but judging by your posts, I don’t think you have an idea of how hard A-levels (or equivalent) are. Just for context, check the specification of the courses that you’re doing to get a good grasp of how much you need to learn and then apply to exam questions.
lil_lily__
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i will say that a-levels are in a completely different league to GCSEs. i don’t doubt that you could study for your GCSEs in a month and pass, it’s definitely possible. for a-levels, it’s possible to study one in a year, sure. but 3 plus an AS? and as an online course with less support than you’d have normally? i think that the most organised and dedicated students wouldn’t be able to do it unless they were literal geniuses. does this uni require high grades or just passes?
EOData
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
im taking law, psychology, english lit and language . Has anyone done eng lit and langauge combined, i didn't really understand how im supposed to carry out the coursework?
Your online provider should hep you with this and should be able to advise you on how you can submit to for assessment at the end - it's complicated for private candidates. don't waste you time on this withiut checking how you will actually get entered for the qualification.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (239)
57.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.74%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.06%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.65%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed