Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I am a student just heading into 1st year and have trird to book some of the Student's Association freshers events but realised they've sold out.

I have panicked a lot as I feel without these freshers events I won't make any friends, especially as I'm living at home, any help would be appreciated.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think many people meet their true best friends at freshers events. Everyone there will probably meet dozens or hundreds of people, learn nothing more about them than their names and course, and will have forgotten most of them by the next day. They'll probably go with people they've also met before the events (either online or hall neighbours or just got lucky to bump into and strike up a chat).

If you're looking to make proper friends then you're often better trying people from within your course or join and get involved in lots of societies. You'll have more interests in common and some sort of activity can help break the ice.

If you're in halls it's also worth trying to introdice yourself to neighbours, they may let you join in any parties or pre drinks they're having. They may even be in the same situation as you and not booked freshers events, so may let you join some fun heading out into town or to other places.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I doubt you will be the only person without tickets either, try scouring online or find people on the day who have made their own plans outside of uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (148)
54.61%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (37)
13.65%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.44%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.59%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.8%

Watched Threads