issawrap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I currently have a studio which i'm supposed to be moving into soon, but in the past few days I've been looking at better options. Because I realised I don't know if I'd be happy with the studio I've booked and should maybe take the opportunity of possibly staying at a better-looking one.

The thing is, if I want to cancel the only option would have to be to get someone to take over my tenancy. At the same time, most other studios/accommodation right now are fully booked, so my only option would be to take over someone elses' tenancy (for which I currently have an option).

So, clearly, it's a bit of a complicated situation, and I don't want to make any mistakes and potentially end up with no tenancy. I also don't really know how a student tenancy transfer works.

Any advice/warnings would be appreciated. The first thing I'd have to do would be to find someone to take over *my* tenancy, right? And *then* I look at taking over someone else's?

Thanks in advance
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by issawrap)
I currently have a studio which i'm supposed to be moving into soon, but in the past few days I've been looking at better options. Because I realised I don't know if I'd be happy with the studio I've booked and should maybe take the opportunity of possibly staying at a better-looking one.

The thing is, if I want to cancel the only option would have to be to get someone to take over my tenancy. At the same time, most other studios/accommodation right now are fully booked, so my only option would be to take over someone elses' tenancy (for which I currently have an option).

So, clearly, it's a bit of a complicated situation, and I don't want to make any mistakes and potentially end up with no tenancy. I also don't really know how a student tenancy transfer works.

Any advice/warnings would be appreciated. The first thing I'd have to do would be to find someone to take over *my* tenancy, right? And *then* I look at taking over someone else's?

Thanks in advance
If you are absolutely sure you don't want to stay in your studio, you need to find someone to take over your tenancy before you find another for you (otherwise you could end up paying the rent for two places at once). The accommodation provider should help sort out the transfer of the tenancy agreement once you've found someone.
issawrap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
If you are absolutely sure you don't want to stay in your studio, you need to find someone to take over your tenancy before you find another for you (otherwise you could end up paying the rent for two places at once). The accommodation provider should help sort out the transfer of the tenancy agreement once you've found someone.
I changed my mind since making this post I'm keeping the studio

Thanks
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by issawrap)
I changed my mind since making this post I'm keeping the studio

Thanks
Good for you, it'll be a lot less hassle for you now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (114)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (22)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (24)
12.12%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (16)
8.08%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
5.56%

Watched Threads