Lingwennn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do I have to leave in UK for three years after I get my ILR to be eligible for student loan? I have been living in UK since 2015 continously except for going on holidays and will be applying for ILR next year. Do I need to wait three more years after I get my ILR to be eligible for student loan?
I'm not from the EU so I can't seem to find any relevant direct information
Last edited by Lingwennn; 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lingwennn)
Do I have to leave in UK for three years after I get my ILR to be eligible for student loan? I have been living in UK since 2015 continously except for going on holidays and will be applying for ILR next year. Do I need to wait three more years after I get my ILR to be eligible for student loan?
Hi, no.

You just need to have 3 years of valid status in the UK and provide evidence to prove it.

Thanks, Isaac
Lingwennn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, no.

You just need to have 3 years of valid status in the UK and provide evidence to prove it.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac,
I'm a little confused as to what you mean by valid status. Do I simply need to prove that I have lived in UK for 3 years before I receive ILR or that I have lived in UK 3 years after I received ILR? (I'm an international student rather than EU)
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Isaac,
I'm a little confused as to what you mean by valid status. Do I simply need to prove that I have lived in UK for 3 years before I receive ILR or that I have lived in UK 3 years after I received ILR? (I'm an international student rather than EU)
I mean you need to have 3 years lawful status. You need to have been in the UK lawfully.

If you have a biometric residence permit card then this can be used to show 3 years lawful status, but if the issue date was less than 3 years ago, we will need further evidence such as home office letters.

If you can't provide evidence, we can contact the home office on your behalf but this can take a few weeks.

Thanks, Isaac
Lingwennn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
I mean you need to have 3 years lawful status. You need to have been in the UK lawfully.

If you have a biometric residence permit card then this can be used to show 3 years lawful status, but if the issue date was less than 3 years ago, we will need further evidence such as home office letters.

If you can't provide evidence, we can contact the home office on your behalf but this can take a few weeks.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac,
Thank you so much for your help. Sorry to bother once again, but is it the same for all applicants or only EU citizens? I knew that this was applicable to EU but am unsure if its the same for international students as it isn't explicitly mentioned in the SFE website.

Thanks a lot,
Lingwen
Last edited by Lingwennn; 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Isaac,
Thank you so much for your help. Sorry to bother once again, but is it the same for all applicants or only EU citizens? I knew that this was applicable to EU but am unsure if its the same for international students as it isn't explicitly mentioned in the SFE website.

Thanks a lot,
Lingwen
My above information applies to non EU applicants as you stated you are not an EU National.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (265)
57.73%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (61)
13.29%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.46%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (40)
8.71%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.36%

Watched Threads