The Student Room Group

student loan.,

Do all student loan for university have interest. As i am a Muslim and interest is HARAM.
Original post by ZALAB
Do all student loan for university have interest. As i am a Muslim and interest is HARAM.

Hi Zalab,

In April 2014 the Government launched a consultation 'Sharia Compliant Alternative Finance Product' which ran for 10 weeks. The purpose of this consultation was to obtain views from Students, Muslim communities and the wider public, on the acceptability of an alternative finance product.

This consultation was concluded in September 2014 & it was decided that due to a positive response to the proposals in the consultation, the Government supports the introduction of a Sharia Compliant alternative finance product available to everyone and they will work on its development. Although there are no current plans to introduce Sharia Compliant Student Finance, this may be something that the Government may explore in the future.

You could speak to your university to find out if there are any other options currently available.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Zalab,

In April 2014 the Government launched a consultation 'Sharia Compliant Alternative Finance Product' which ran for 10 weeks. The purpose of this consultation was to obtain views from Students, Muslim communities and the wider public, on the acceptability of an alternative finance product.

This consultation was concluded in September 2014 & it was decided that due to a positive response to the proposals in the consultation, the Government supports the introduction of a Sharia Compliant alternative finance product available to everyone and they will work on its development. Although there are no current plans to introduce Sharia Compliant Student Finance, this may be something that the Government may explore in the future.

You could speak to your university to find out if there are any other options currently available.

Thanks, Isaac

Thank you. But I don't know how to convince my mum as she thinks the loan have interest which means that she doesn't want me to you university.
Original post by ZALAB
Thank you. But I don't know how to convince my mum as she thinks the loan have interest which means that she doesn't want me to you university.

Our loans do have interest.

I advise you to speak to your university.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending