Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I had to resit alevels (basically did Y14) and now I want to change course. I spoke with my uni and they said if I join now there will be absolutely no room to change programme once I start, so I’d be doing a degree I’m not keen on. I’ve been told that I can be given a place on my course next year. I don’t know if Y14 counts as a gap year but would another be bad?
Cote1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My opinion is that it is better to take another year out and use it usefully (useful to yourself and future university) than do something you have rushed into and don't want to do.
Last edited by Cote1; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Take it, it’s not bad. U will just be older than a few others in ur year, what’s so bad about that?

Use it to work, or work experience, build up your cv or just go out with friends and travel. Live life homie 😎
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Take it, it’s not bad. U will just be older than a few others in ur year, what’s so bad about that?

Use it to work, or work experience, build up your cv or just go out with friends and travel. Live life homie 😎
I just feel like my family will see me as a failure. People my age started uni last year and now I might not start till 2022:confused:
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's fine. The first time I started uni, I started 2 years "late". It wasn't a problem at all.
3mptyhead
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I had to resit alevels (basically did Y14) and now I want to change course. I spoke with my uni and they said if I join now there will be absolutely no room to change programme once I start, so I’d be doing a degree I’m not keen on. I’ve been told that I can be given a place on my course next year. I don’t know if Y14 counts as a gap year but would another be bad?
i started uni when i was 24 and i feel better for it.. i technically took 5 gap years hhahah.. it is a much better idea to take your time to figure out what you want to do than rush into things or go with the flow to fit into norms and please everyone around you. at the end of the day it is your life and no one else's. you can only do uni once unless you are super rich so please do not worry about taking an extra year. Enjoy your free time this year.. either try and save some money so you dont have to live a poor student lifestyle or go travelling or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (236)
57.28%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.86%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.17%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.37%

Watched Threads