chinjyanson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am an international student and apparently, this year, they allow us to apply to college interviews that is held in December. Normally, this wouldn't be the case for international students as we have international team interviews around October. Does anybody know what would happen if I applied to the college interviews as an international student? When will the interviews be held?
Peterhouse Admissions
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there!

So international students are always allowed to be interviewed by their college. In normal times, this would mean they would have to travel to Cambridge, rather than being interviewed closer to home.

Because all interviews are online this year, Colleges can interview students who live many hours away more easily than in the past. The thing to bear in mind is that the international interviews will cater better to students in GMT +7 or more time zones (so Singapore and further east). Colleges will interview 9am - 5pm GMT or thereabouts, so 4pm - 12am in GMT +7. While we'll do everything we can do ensure your interviews are at a reasonable time, with two interviews, this because more challenging. So if you're interviewed by your college, be prepared that you might be being interviewed at 7, 8 or even 9pm local time.

Hope this helps!
chinjyanson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
Hi there!

So international students are always allowed to be interviewed by their college. In normal times, this would mean they would have to travel to Cambridge, rather than being interviewed closer to home.

Because all interviews are online this year, Colleges can interview students who live many hours away more easily than in the past. The thing to bear in mind is that the international interviews will cater better to students in GMT +7 or more time zones (so Singapore and further east). Colleges will interview 9am - 5pm GMT or thereabouts, so 4pm - 12am in GMT +7. While we'll do everything we can do ensure your interviews are at a reasonable time, with two interviews, this because more challenging. So if you're interviewed by your college, be prepared that you might be being interviewed at 7, 8 or even 9pm local time.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for replying! Peterhouse Admissions. I just wanted to know when my interview will be. Will it be during October or December? Would this be the same as last time, which means that I will be interviewed in December by my college? Or because of how everything is online now, would the interviews be shifted to October because I am an international student? Thanks for helping!
Peterhouse Admissions
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by chinjyanson)
Thank you for replying! Peterhouse Admissions. I just wanted to know when my interview will be. Will it be during October or December? Would this be the same as last time, which means that I will be interviewed in December by my college? Or because of how everything is online now, would the interviews be shifted to October because I am an international student? Thanks for helping!
Hi there! Interviews conducted by colleges are all done in December.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (152)
55.07%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.77%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.42%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.71%

Watched Threads