Masters in: Computational Ecology and Evolution or Bioinformatics???

Watch
vferreira
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi all,

I am currently in my last year of Biological Sciences Undergraduate degree. A degree with elective modules tailored to ecology and also a choice of molecular options.
As I red from many students and their statements in the forum, the rewarding experience from research is amazing, although it does not offer great job security.

In preparation for next year, I am looking at Masters in Bioinformatics from Queen Mary UL, which I see as a more broader subject that can give a great variety of tools, but also looking at Computational Methods in Ecology and Evolution at Imperial College, which seems to follow topics that I am passionate about, such as community ecology and ecosystems ecology.

Being both courses very similar in structure, would like to ask to students and experts in the field what they think of the module plans of these both masters? And in a job-wise perspective, which one is believed to be more beneficial? Would Computational Methods be disadvantageous for any reason?

I paste the module options below for both Courses:

- Msc Bioinformatics at QMUL

Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 13.45.08.png
Views: 12
Size:  69.5 KB

- Msc Computational Methods in Ecology and Evolution

Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 13.58.28.png
Views: 14
Size:  118.7 KB
Last edited by vferreira; 2 months ago
vferreira
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Anyone from the field that would like to leave their opinion?!?

Thanks!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads