The Student Room Group

5th option for med

For people who applied to Medicine as their main choice- what did you choice for your 5th and why?
Reply 1
Original post by kelisa945
For people who applied to Medicine as their main choice- what did you choice for your 5th and why?

If your target is to get into Medicine, you can leave the 5th option blank. If you are unsuccessful this year, you can always do a gap year and reapply (this can really improve your application). Don't ever apply to a different degree like Biomedical Sciences with the target of applying to GEM, it is much more competitive and I think you won't get student finance for it as it is your second degree (not too sure about this as I'm an international student).

If you want to put something else because you're not sure you want to do Medicine - make sure you really want to do Medicine before applying.
Original post by kelisa945

For my 5th choice I wanted a backup in case I didn't get in so I chose optometry.
But never do an undergrad course with the intention of doing graduate entry, it's much more competitive than taking a couple years out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending