The Student Room Group

ID for freshers

Hi, sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this sort of thing.

Basically, I applied for my provisional driving licence last October (yes I know) but due to my GP taking months to send them my medical evidence to prove I’d be able to drive it’s been delayed.

I’ve phoned the DVLA countless times and they can’t do anything to speed up the process, and I’m just worried about not having any ID for freshers, which is next week.

I have one of those Validate UK cards with the PASS logo, but I know not everywhere accepts those, so I was wondering if places like clubs and whatnot would accept it if I showed it along with a copy of my birth certificate?

I know I’d look like an idiot getting my birth certificate out but I really don’t care at this point.

Also I don’t have a passport and I really can’t afford one at the moment just to use it as proof of age.

Reply 1
Original post by icemaster69
Hi, sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this sort of thing.

Basically, I applied for my provisional driving licence last October (yes I know) but due to my GP taking months to send them my medical evidence to prove I’d be able to drive it’s been delayed.

I’ve phoned the DVLA countless times and they can’t do anything to speed up the process, and I’m just worried about not having any ID for freshers, which is next week.

I have one of those Validate UK cards with the PASS logo, but I know not everywhere accepts those, so I was wondering if places like clubs and whatnot would accept it if I showed it along with a copy of my birth certificate?

I know I’d look like an idiot getting my birth certificate out but I really don’t care at this point.

Also I don’t have a passport and I really can’t afford one at the moment just to use it as proof of age.

TOTUM card with ID, get one from them and it works everywhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending