Got drunk and flatmates unhappy

Watch this thread
scythe2003
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Last night I got really drunk, and started vomiting everywhere in the flat. This morning my flatmates were pissed, they said that they had to clean up my mess and that I was acting 'aggressively'.
One of them is fine with me, but the others ( all girls) are cold - I said sorry a lot but I don't know what to do to make it up to them.

Any advice?

Thanks.
mmaozedong
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
Drink less alcohol
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by scythe2003)
Last night I got really drunk, and started vomiting everywhere in the flat. This morning my flatmates were pissed, they said that they had to clean up my mess and that I was acting 'aggressively'.
One of them is fine with me, but the others ( all girls) are cold - I said sorry a lot but I don't know what to do to make it up to them.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Do you remember acting 'aggressively' at all?

Meh, worse things happen. Those girls will get over it, but they'll probably think you're a bit of a lout for a while. Don't let it bother you: we all do stuff like that every now and again.
Last edited by Reality Check; 8 months ago
flamingolover
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago

Any advice?

Thanks.
Definitely don’t get that drunk for a long time. There’s not really much you can do. I get why they are angry. If I did soemthing really bad I’d probably offer to cook my flatmates a meal or take them out somewhere? Idk. Maybe try having a conversation about what to do if situations occur again and what they’d like you to do and if there’s anything you can do to make the situation better
scythe2003
Rep:
(Original post by mmaozedong)
Drink less alcohol
Thanks for the reply. I'm not really into drinking etc, in fact it was the first time I was actually drunk. But yes I obviously won't do it again.
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)

Meh, worse things happen. Those girls will get over it, but they'll probably think you're a bit of a lout for a while. Don't let it bother you: we all do stuff like that every now and again, and girls love sitting in judgement of lads sometimes.
I don’t think they’d lie ablut him be aggressive that seems like a weird thing to lie about. Also guys like to judge girls sometimes as well. Judging people is not a gendered thing. If he was aggressive that could have been a bad situation that could have gone bad quickly.
scythe2003
Rep:

Meh, worse things happen. Those girls will get over it, but they'll probably think you're a bit of a lout for a while. Don't let it bother you: we all do stuff like that every now and again, and girls love sitting in judgement of lads sometimes.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I do think they will get over it, in fact they were giving me advice how to clean the vomit in my room. But the fact that we were only flatmates for a few days does somewhat make it worse I feel.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 months ago

Any advice?

Thanks.
Vommitting is disgusting, nobody wants to deal with it, least of all someone else’s. So id say they have a right to be pissed off & you have some bridges to build.

As with the aggressive behaviour it’s very hard to say without being their. I would take it onboard apologise. Learn how to manage yourself whilst drinking.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I do think they will get over it, in fact they were giving me advice how to clean the vomit in my room. But the fact that we were only flatmates for a few days does somewhat make it worse I feel.
Yes, I mean it's not an ideal start :laugh: Honestly, it'll be fine. Everyone is still settling in and finding their feet, and I'm sure these girls will be fine with it in the end - they'll probably find it quite funny given enough time, and you'll be forever known as the flatmate who projectile vomited in the flat during the first week.
scythe2003
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t think they’d lie ablut him be aggressive that seems like a weird thing to lie about. Also guys like to judge girls sometimes as well. Judging people is not a gendered thing. If he was aggressive that could have been a bad situation that could have gone bad quickly.
By aggressive, essentially what happened was I wanted to go out again (I had lost my phone and wanted to find it) but they wouldn't let me and blocked the door. I tried to "gently' move them from the door, but apparently me touching their arm was aggressive. I said sorry right then anyway
scythe2003
Rep:
(Original post by mnot)
Vommitting is disgusting, nobody wants to deal with it, least of all someone else’s. So id say they have a right to be pissed off & you have some bridges to build.

As with the aggressive behaviour it’s very hard to say without being their. I would take it onboard apologise. Learn how to manage yourself whilst drinking.
Thanks,

Yeah I accepted what I did and apologised, they kinda accepted my apology but are annoyed with me, I just don't want things to be tense between us
Alexass
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
as someone who is a bad drunk I do have some tips for you!

Explain to them how it was the first time u ever got drunk and you had no clue what you were doing, [girls like when guys are honest with how they feel etc] I would also suggest talking to them [if theyre experienced with drinking] on how to handle your alcohol better, its always a good way to break the icec when the situations are bad or going downhill.

As to how they said u acted aggressive, girls do tend to exaggerate on things most of the times, and if they are in a group and collectively pissed off then they will make it seem a lot worse than it actually is.

Anyways, best way for you to solve this is to just sit down with everyone, explain your side, hear them out, and make plans for you to make up to them, like someone said before, maybe cook them a meal or get them something nice [but cheap], like some of those stick diffusers.

Best of luck,
A girl x
scythe2003
Rep:
Yes, I mean it's not an ideal start :laugh: Honestly, it'll be fine. Everyone is still settling in and finding their feet, and I'm sure these girls will be fine with it in the end - they'll probably find it quite funny given enough time, and you'll be forever known as the flatmate who projectile vomited in the flat during the first week.
Thanks for the reassurance
Yeah I do think it'll be fine as long as I don't do it again, its just that I feel nervous going to the kitchen when they're there, because I feel it will just be awkward. The other guy though seems totally fine with it, and to be honest when I said I lost my phone they did go out to find it for me after they put me in bed
ThatComputerNerd
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
drink more so they get used to your aggressive vominator side
scythe2003
Rep:
(Original post by Alexass)
as someone who is a bad drunk I do have some tips for you!

Explain to them how it was the first time u ever got drunk and you had no clue what you were doing, [girls like when guys are honest with how they feel etc] I would also suggest talking to them [if theyre experienced with drinking] on how to handle your alcohol better, its always a good way to break the icec when the situations are bad or going downhill.

As to how they said u acted aggressive, girls do tend to exaggerate on things most of the times, and if they are in a group and collectively pissed off then they will make it seem a lot worse than it actually is.

Anyways, best way for you to solve this is to just sit down with everyone, explain your side, hear them out, and make plans for you to make up to them, like someone said before, maybe cook them a meal or get them something nice [but cheap], like some of those stick diffusers.

Best of luck,
A girl x
Thanks for the advice! Actually I feel like I'm going to stay away from alcohol for a long time, im still somewhat hangover and it feels awful

I might ask them out for dinner at our nearby pub. But if they say no then I feel like things would just get really awkward
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Thanks for the reassurance
Yeah I do think it'll be fine as long as I don't do it again, its just that I feel nervous going to the kitchen when they're there, because I feel it will just be awkward. The other guy though seems totally fine with it, and to be honest when I said I lost my phone they did go out to find it for me after they put me in bed
I'd just act normally and be friendly. Don't worry about it too much.
Alexass
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Thanks for the advice! Actually I feel like I'm going to stay away from alcohol for a long time, im still somewhat hangover and it feels awful

I might ask them out for dinner at our nearby pub. But if they say no then I feel like things would just get really awkward
If they refuse then jsut give them some time, they probably need to cool off on the whole thing
scythe2003
Rep:
All right thanks everyone! In fact one of the girls right now said we were all good and was actually giving me drinking advice (Scottish people are too friendly )
brjf
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago

Meh, worse things happen. Those girls will get over it, but they'll probably think you're a bit of a lout for a while. Don't let it bother you: we all do stuff like that every now and again.
Not all of us

Any advice?

Thanks.
Simply drink less alcohol, know your limit, clean up your mess.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
All right thanks everyone! In fact one of the girls right now said we were all good and was actually giving me drinking advice (Scottish people are too friendly )
There you go!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (280)
41.6%
The paper was reasonable (280)
41.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (62)
9.21%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
7.58%

Watched Threads