Advice for a 4'4 girl (non-dwarf) at uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone.

I'm off to uni tomorrow but I'm proper scared . I'm 18, 4'4 (at a push) and super skinny. Genuine advice for uni life at 4'4 would be great! Stuff like how to stop people assuming I'm a kid and take me serious etc. Thanksss!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Confidence is key
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey everyone.

I'm off to uni tomorrow but I'm proper scared . I'm 18, 4'4 (at a push) and super skinny. Genuine advice for uni life at 4'4 would be great! Stuff like how to stop people assuming I'm a kid and take me serious etc. Thanksss!
I'm curious... What is the formal medical definition of being a dwarf?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ageshallnot)
It's to do with proportions
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's to do with proportions
Oh. I thought that proportionate and disproportionate both came under the main classification.

But as above, confidence would help
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wear the highest heels that you can manage walking in, wear the smart professional outfits that you would wear to work in an insurance office or estate agency and have attractive looking makeup & jewellery that is compatible with the 'look' of your outfit.
This works for me at 5'1.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Wear the highest heels that you can manage walking in, wear the smart professional outfits that you would wear to work in an insurance office or estate agency and have attractive looking makeup & jewellery that is compatible with the 'look' of your outfit.
This works for me at 5'1.
Thanks but my highest heels still only make me 4'8 and I cant go clubbing in them Haha

It's pretty embarrassing
Not as embarrasing as you hun
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
An adult whose height is below 4’10.
rosy_posy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone.

That sounds like a difficult situation to be in :/
Even if you showed people your ID they probs wouldn't believe you. Hope it all works out well for u though
Disperately
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s perfectly feasible to be 4’4” at 18 for a variety of reasons, not all due to “dwarfism/achondroplasia” which I’m guessing is what the OP means by ‘proportion’. Humans come in a variety of shapes and sizes!

Dressing more formally may help you look older if that’s what you want.
Sadly people often equate shorter stature with younger age which obviously is often incorrect.
Not sure wearing extreme heals are particularly helpful, unless that’s what you want to wear of course.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone.

wear heels and get a dress sense or aesthetic also date according to your height for instance at 4'4 you shouldn't be requesting a 6-foot tall guy not all but most people do this and it's weird. 5' min 5'5 max ...
hungrysalamander
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How is it possible to be that height at 18? Unless you're a troll
Here’s a good read for you:https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20371969
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Smile. Works for me.

BTW anon poster I’m 25 and a half and 4’8 only.
AriefaRahman1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone.

Don't worry girl I believe in youu!! You are capable of doing amazing things so don't let ignorant people destroy your self-esteem. You are perfect just the way you are and you will find people who will love you for however you are 💕
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
I'm 5'5 and I wish I was 4'4 that's such a cute heightt!!! I'm jealous, even when you are in you 30s you will still look young and cute
xxx0xxxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There isn't much you can do, just make sure you have good posture and if you can speak at a good volume it's better than being very quiet. Hats and coloured clothing can make you stand out. Chunky shoes or heels optional.
rosy_posy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm 5'5 and I wish I was 4'4 that's such a cute heightt!!! I'm jealous, even when you are in you 30s you will still look young and cute
Having constant comments on height doesn't sound 'cute' imo.
meddad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone.

You will meet people and make friends who see beyond all that. It may be more challenging but the friends you do make will be genuine and true.
cleveranimal56
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Genetics did you dirty with that height. But one of my classmates is about the same height and just dresses smart. Confidence is essential, since it's hard enough to get your voice heard when you're tall. And you're going to have to get used to the snarky comments and disapproving looks ig. It's unfortunate tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (266)
57.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (63)
13.61%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.37%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (41)
8.86%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.32%

Watched Threads