The Student Room Group

Why do people assume that all "loners" are people without friends?

okay so just some quick info , I'm a dude who is 22 and currently attends university,i love steak so I guess, nice to meat you?

Anyways, my entire life I always have enjoyed being alone. I loved eating lunch alone, playing video games alone, watching movies alone, and even playing football on my own.

However all my friends didn't have a clue about my shenanigans . because in school I was always popular and known as the class clown so usually I would always get invited to parties and hangouts which of course I rejected because I hate social gatherings so I would make excuses.

Its weird though because my personality is very extroverted , I love making people laugh but at the same time , I just love being alone. its weird
Here’s the definition of a loner from google: “a person that prefers not to associate with others.” Based on this definition I don’t think you are one. It could be that you’re an ambivert which means that you could be extroverted and introverted depending on the situation.
Its entirely possible to be an introvert and act in extroverted ways socially, generally just takes a bigger toll and you'll need recharge time alone.
haha, that made me laugh. I'm the same way I'm pretty popular at school but I would so much rather be alone any chance i could get i try to leave crowded areas. also, my friends all had boyfriends so they would say I'm a loner but honestly I'm perfectly fine not having another person to worry about. i would go to some partys with my friend and sit on the couch by myself if i even went to a party which i usually declined
i feel like being a loner means you cut yourself off from everyone like just sit in your room all day and have no other human contact. i just feel you are just introverted but show a different side of you when you are around people you know
Reply 5
You sound like the perfect friend i'd like to have, ironically
Reply 6
Original post by kolme
You sound like the perfect friend i'd like to have, ironically

Besties4everNever
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
Its entirely possible to be an introvert and act in extroverted ways socially, generally just takes a bigger toll and you'll need recharge time alone.

tbh, I'm kinda always full of energy
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
i feel like being a loner means you cut yourself off from everyone like just sit in your room all day and have no other human contact. i just feel you are just introverted but show a different side of you when you are around people you know

I guess dude
a lot of people like being alone not every person wants to be with someone all day that's just mentally and physically exhausting to me. i can only last so long with people. its calmer to just be by yourself and not distracted by others.

I guess dude

also, I am a dudet
You don't sound like a loner
I'm the same - very outgoing when around people but much prefer spending my time alone.
okay so just some quick info , I'm a dude who is 22 and currently attends university,i love steak so I guess, nice to meat you?

Anyways, my entire life I always have enjoyed being alone. I loved eating lunch alone, playing video games alone, watching movies alone, and even playing football on my own.

However all my friends didn't have a clue about my shenanigans . because in school I was always popular and known as the class clown so usually I would always get invited to parties and hangouts which of course I rejected because I hate social gatherings so I would make excuses.

Its weird though because my personality is very extroverted , I love making people laugh but at the same time , I just love being alone. its weird

Same - but wouldn't that be seen as an ambivert. Where you are a social butterfly but can have a social battery that drains once in a while.

Loners don't necessarily just sit in their room all day, they could be very ambitious and active, but super independent.

Quick Reply

Latest