aretheselemons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I only knew about buying tickets to freshers events online a few days ago, today I looked again and all the popular events are sold out. Should I worry or can I buy tickets on the day?? I don’t want to miss out
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Find some big group chats and ask if anyone is selling their tickets.

Loads of people buy tickets early and then don’t want to go and fatsoma is rubbish for refunds so the only way for them to get their money back is to sell the tickets on.
aretheselemons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Do you know where to look for group chats? I found a Facebook page with WhatsApp links but they’re not working 🤨
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m afraid directing or linking to group chats is against tsr rules.

Maybe find the SU on Facebook/insta - or see if there’s an “overheard at” group on Facebook
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aretheselemons)
Do you know where to look for group chats? I found a Facebook page with WhatsApp links but they’re not working 🤨
Check your course society's Facebook page, and of your halls.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
The issue with imperial union is that i have searched everywhere and there are no facebook good groups for freshers, and the ones which are official only have 100 people in it max. The "Official" facebook group for halls have around 1-2people in them!. It is terrible, i am in the same position as you and i have no tickets for any events, would be fine if i could find a group chat to know about parties to go to, but there is no groupchats. Some unis i have been to they have groupchats for each subject, for each hall, and sometimes people in the same flat all have a group chat. The social media they have setup for freshers is terrible.
last_brain_cell
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is my exact problem too! I have booked NOTHING for freshers and I have searched endlessly trying to find group chats with other people attending the Uni but there are literally none. ugh.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
same I didn't book in time either. I'm not too worried as I reckon there are loads of other people that did the same so will probably just end up at London freshers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (14)
53.85%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
11.54%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
11.54%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
3.85%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
7.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
11.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed