travelling to university

Watch
maidajajja
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Would travelling 2 hours each day for university be long?
rosy_posy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why would you need to travel for that time each day? Would that travel be by car, tram, foot or bike?
When you're at university you have on-site accomodation for first year. If you mean rented accomodation for 2nd year onwards then it would be better to be less than an hour's travel away (regardless of the means of travel).
maidajajja
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosy_posy)
Why would you need to travel for that time each day? Would that travel be by car, tram, foot or bike?
When you're at university you have on-site accomodation for first year. If you mean rented accomodation for 2nd year onwards then it would be better to be less than an hour's travel away (regardless of the means of travel).
travelling by train for example living in london but going to university outside of london where it would take 2 hours.
M4cc4n4
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by maidajajja)
travelling by train for example living in london but going to university outside of london where it would take 2 hours.
Is it 2 hours one way or around trip? I found doing 1-1.5hrs (~1hr train, 30mins bus including waiting) each way wasn't too bad especially when doing so on the train where I could get work done but forget that on a rush hour train. 2hrs each way? wouldn't necessarily recommend but doable.
maidajajja
Rep:
?
(Original post by M4cc4n4)
Is it 2 hours one way or around trip? I found doing 1-1.5hrs (~1hr train, 30mins bus including waiting) each way wasn't too bad especially when doing so on the train where I could get work done but forget that on a rush hour train. 2hrs each way? wouldn't necessarily recommend but doable.
well it's 2 hours one way, meaning 4 hours of travelling each day both bus and train.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads