The Student Room Group

EPAIS at Warwick or Politics and Economics at LSE?

EPAIS is Economics, politics and international studies.
EPAIS is A*A*A , whilst Pol.+Econ. Is AAA: which I found surprising.
What course would you say is better?
Please define 'better'.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Please define 'better'.

Employment prospects (not keen on entering IB), uni atmosphere, reputation, campus, quality of teaching

Are all factors I would consider.
Go to Uni Open Days, listen to relvant Subject Talks, ask questions, talk to current students - then do some careful thinking.

No-one else can tell you which degree will interest you more, or where you will be happiest - they aren't you.
And they will only have been to one of these Unis - if at all - so their opinion will be entirely one-sided - and personal to them.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Go to Uni Open Days, listen to relvant Subject Talks, ask questions, talk to current students - then do some careful thinking.

No-one else can tell you which degree will interest you more, or where you will be happiest - they aren't you.
And they will only have been to one of these Unis - if at all - so their opinion will be entirely one-sided - and personal to them.

Fair enough… but I have heard that average salary for LSE graduates is considerably higher than for Warwick graduates. Is this true?
No idea about salaries - and its probably one of those 'statistics' that doesnt actually hold water or is simply misleading - ie. LSE is more likely to attract overseas applicants or mature applicants or more wealthy students, simply because its 'in London'. And was this their first job, second job, 5 years into their career, and/or 'just the people we were able to contact', was it an average, a median, didi it include bonuses - and a whole bunch of unrealiable variables - who knows what this was actually comparing.

In anycase, 'potential salary' is actually a daft way to pick a degree or a career - drug dealing or extortion makes a tidy living but would you actually want to do that as a 'job'? Even if this was true about LSE, you have no inbuilt guarentee that you would earn 'more money'. And money doesnt guarentee you a happy or fulfilling life - think about it. Is that all you want to measure the value of your whole life agaiinst.

Quick Reply

Latest