Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been at uni for a few days now and I feel very lonely just because I havent managed to make any friends. I'm a Muslim you see so I can't really go clubbing or to party's like everyone else where many of them make their friends. I had to go to my insurance choice because I missed my firmed uni by 1 grade so I had limited choice for accommodation and now that I'm here none of them have moved in and as I've heard there's only 2 people in flat who include a 4th year student and a 3rd year international student. I'm looking to join a uni society but I'm not too sure that will really make any difference. Don't even know man.
Abi0803
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im sorry to hear that- definitely join a society- maybe join a groupchat for your course too? Ask if a group would like to meet up for a coffee/tea and a chat at a cafe in a more chilled out environment? Wishing you luck
BitMel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Damn thats tough.
Would you go clubbing sober? You can make friends from societies, esp sports societies just try to be involved. I would say deffo try and be friends with the 3rd and 4th year when they come, at least until you start your course since its common to make at least 1-3 friends from your course.
Something Peach
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's still very early days. Join societies, sign up for volunteering, maybe even go and knock on at another flat to see what they're up to? If you're part of any group chats, you could also ask if anyone's down for doing something not clubbing or partying related.

You still have all the people in your course to meet, too. Everything will work out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (317)
57.22%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.9%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.19%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.79%

Watched Threads