Blueberrylover
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In 2020, I got given TAGs and missed my medical school offer. The medical school told me that if I retook then they would retain my offer for 2021.So I took a gap year and stupidly did the summer exams instead of the autumn ones . I got completely fudged over by my school ( I hadn’t realised at the time but most of the yr13’s had access to the papers before taking the exams) and missed my grades again. I called up the med school explained my situation and they said that if I retook again they’d keep my offer - I know I’m really lucky to have this opportunity cause I really want to go into med and know that if TAG weren’t given in the first place I would have gotten in in 2020. But am I being stupid? Is this the right decision - my gut is telling me that it is cause I want to go to the uni for that course but I’m just so frustrated at the way this whole TAG has panned out. Everyone talks about how lucky we were to not have sat exams but it’s honestly been a living hell for me. It’s so upsetting seeing everyone else go to uni and I’m can’t go for another year. Honestly all of this is so heartbreaking but I’m trying to keep positive and focus on the future and what I can achieve in the present.
plonkadoodledoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
dont worry to much and keep focusing on ur goal and everything will turn out perfect
Blueberrylover
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by plonkadoodledoo)
dont worry to much and keep focusing on ur goal and everything will turn out perfect
Thanks! I’m sure it’ll all be okay in the end, good luck to you too if your applying for med
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (125)
86.81%
No (19)
13.19%

Watched Threads