The Student Room Group

Was this a misunderstanding or is he jealous?

Hi any advice would be kindly appreciated
Me and a guy broke up at the start of august and we didn’t rlly end on good terms.
He was the one in the wrong btw (let’s call him Alex and I’ll just call his friend Ben)
Anyways we were in skl and it was interval so the all the pupils were outside, I was walking with my friend like we always do in our usually place
Alex and his friend Ben were standing beside the school doors just talking
Then I saw this cute guy so I walked up right behind him and was about to talk to him but out of nowhere alex ran up behind me and ben pulled him back from me when i turned around and noticed them
It was very awkward and I didn’t know what to do so me and my friend just walked away questioning what just happened
Then… Alex and Ben followed us and kept walking behind us
A bunch of my friends came up to me later that day and told me that they see that alex is keep staring at me and looking around for the guy I was gonna talk to
I don’t know if he wants me back, got jealous or scared that I was going to talk to the cute guy
Or he is just playing with my feelings again and just likes that fact that someone has feelings for him but he won’t do anything for anyone else
I feel like he should stop making things awkward between us since he was the one who hurt me whilst I was looking stupid because I cared for his stupid self
And so what if I talk to another guy, he walks around with a girl who he knows I hated for years now just to make me jealous
Yet he gets mad when I walk too closely to a dude or talk to anyone other than him
Sorry for the rant I just don’t know what to do
And sorry from my awful spelling a choice of words
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi any advice would be kindly appreciated
Me and a guy broke up at the start of august and we didn’t rlly end on good terms.
He was the one in the wrong btw (let’s call him Alex and I’ll just call his friend Ben)
Anyways we were in skl and it was interval so the all the pupils were outside, I was walking with my friend like we always do in our usually place
Alex and his friend Ben were standing beside the school doors just talking
Then I saw this cute guy so I walked up right behind him and was about to talk to him but out of nowhere alex ran up behind me and ben pulled him back from me when i turned around and noticed them
It was very awkward and I didn’t know what to do so me and my friend just walked away questioning what just happened
Then… Alex and Ben followed us and kept walking behind us
A bunch of my friends came up to me later that day and told me that they see that alex is keep staring at me and looking around for the guy I was gonna talk to
I don’t know if he wants me back, got jealous or scared that I was going to talk to the cute guy
Or he is just playing with my feelings again and just likes that fact that someone has feelings for him but he won’t do anything for anyone else
I feel like he should stop making things awkward between us since he was the one who hurt me whilst I was looking stupid because I cared for his stupid self
And so what if I talk to another guy, he walks around with a girl who he knows I hated for years now just to make me jealous
Yet he gets mad when I walk too closely to a dude or talk to anyone other than him
Sorry for the rant I just don’t know what to do
And sorry from my awful spelling a choice of words

*and choice of words
It sounds like hes jealous. Its hard to know without knowing why you guys broke up. He could have been doing that because he likes the power of knowing you are still a bit hung over him, but i doubt that hes that terrible and would go to that lengths to do that lol.
Reply 3
It sounds like hes jealous. Its hard to know without knowing why you guys broke up. He could have been doing that because he likes the power of knowing you are still a bit hung over him, but i doubt that hes that terrible and would go to that lengths to do that lol.

Trust me. He is that terrible
He completely changed because at first he was the sweetest guy but now he just acts like a d!ckhead
Trust me. He is that terrible
He completely changed because at first he was the sweetest guy but now he just acts like a d!ckhead

Id say its more likely that hes jealous, but if your relationship is salvageable its a bit weird that he has not tried to get you back if thats the reason. Unless you broke up with him and made it super duper obvious that you would never get back with him. If he ever comes up to you mad or jealous, or is acting that way around you obviously then i would just walk up to him and ask what his problem is. At least from that you can gauge why hes being weird and actually get a answer direct from him. If you dont care at all (from which this post seems the opposite), i would just say completely ignore him and keep trying to talk to the cute guy (lol). Either way, if hes that terrible, i would say dont let the whats wrong with you convo lead you to getting back together with him. :smile:
You sound really young
Reply 6
Original post by ashtolga23
You sound really young

Haha well I’m 16
Haha well I’m 16

I think this is a guy you just need to stop focusing on if you can. He's doing a lot to get your attention, but you clearly don't want him back so don't give him that. Difficult if you go to the same school but forget him all you can and avoid him where possible.
Reply 8
Original post by ashtolga23
I think this is a guy you just need to stop focusing on if you can. He's doing a lot to get your attention, but you clearly don't want him back so don't give him that. Difficult if you go to the same school but forget him all you can and avoid him where possible.

Ty for the advice
I have been trying to avoid him the best I can but we have a few classes together and his friends are also some of mine
Hope ur doing good
Reply 9
Id say its more likely that hes jealous, but if your relationship is salvageable its a bit weird that he has not tried to get you back if thats the reason. Unless you broke up with him and made it super duper obvious that you would never get back with him. If he ever comes up to you mad or jealous, or is acting that way around you obviously then i would just walk up to him and ask what his problem is. At least from that you can gauge why hes being weird and actually get a answer direct from him. If you dont care at all (from which this post seems the opposite), i would just say completely ignore him and keep trying to talk to the cute guy (lol). Either way, if hes that terrible, i would say dont let the whats wrong with you convo lead you to getting back together with him. :smile:

Ty for ur advice
He broke up with me
I’m just scared of what im going to say when/if he comes up to me tryna talk
Cuz i know that I say a lot of stupid things and I say what ever is on my mind, he knows what I’m like and exactly what makes me angry
Hahah yh I didnt know what to call him so I just stuck with the name ‘the cute guy’
The ‘what’s wrong w u’ convo u mentioned is the reason I’m even more frightened because when ever I’m angry he used to say ‘u look so cute when ur angry’ like tfff ik he’s gonna say and do this type of **** again if I talk to him this time
So I’m not going to even go near him yk
Ty for ur advice
He broke up with me
I’m just scared of what im going to say when/if he comes up to me tryna talk
Cuz i know that I say a lot of stupid things and I say what ever is on my mind, he knows what I’m like and exactly what makes me angry
Hahah yh I didnt know what to call him so I just stuck with the name ‘the cute guy’
The ‘what’s wrong w u’ convo u mentioned is the reason I’m even more frightened because when ever I’m angry he used to say ‘u look so cute when ur angry’ like tfff ik he’s gonna say and do this type of **** again if I talk to him this time
So I’m not going to even go near him yk

Yeah dont go up to him if you dont feel comfortable. Telling someone theyre cute when theyre angry is ****-ish eww lol. Maybe say have you got a problem but in a monotone/non aggressive way so he cant say you seem angry. I can tell your'e young lol. If you want to leave him alone thats fine too hell stop eventually.

Quick Reply