Anxiety over comments

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Sometimes (not so much with this website/app, but it can happen with any that have comment discussions), i get super anxious if im having an argument online. As in during it, its intensely in the back or front of my head so im constantly wanting to check my phone or thinking about it, or after its ended i'm still stressed/anxious/paranoid for a few hours or even a day. Obviously i have helped myself by not commenting things that can lead to a back and forth argument often at all, however i was curious if anyone else experiences this and maybe what i can do to further help these intense negative feeling i get sometimes.
kdaniels96
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sometimes (not so much with this website/app, but it can happen with any that have comment discussions), i get super anxious if im having an argument online. As in during it, its intensely in the back or front of my head so im constantly wanting to check my phone or thinking about it, or after its ended i'm still stressed/anxious/paranoid for a few hours or even a day. Obviously i have helped myself by not commenting things that can lead to a back and forth argument often at all, however i was curious if anyone else experiences this and maybe what i can do to further help these intense negative feeling i get sometimes.
always allow your peace of mind take the front seat in everything. if it costs your peace, don't indulge in it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by kdaniels96)
always allow your peace of mind take the front seat in everything. if it costs your peace, don't indulge in it.
I've defiantly been working on this and ive defiantly seen improvements since However im still human and i still slip up and comment and then boom! theres an argument and aggravating thing to think about in the back of my mind. I guess i need to improve on my self control in that aspect. I often tell myself if it's going to cause you mental stress or anxiety for the rest of the day or whatever, dont indulge because its not worth it, but i'm not perfect at it yet so it sometimes still happens. I wonder how some people can never do it :/
kdaniels96
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I've defiantly been working on this and ive defiantly seen improvements since However im still human and i still slip up and comment and then boom! theres an argument and aggravating thing to think about in the back of my mind. I guess i need to improve on my self control in that aspect. I often tell myself if it's going to cause you mental stress or anxiety for the rest of the day or whatever, dont indulge because its not worth it, but i'm not perfect at it yet so it sometimes still happens. I wonder how some people can never do it :/
for sure its all a process and we can revert back but it's all in self control. you'll grow to prioritise your mental state and surround urself with people that care about that.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
i used to feel this way as well and i doubt it's uncommon :nah: not sure what causes it; maybe just needing to win like it's some sort of competition? needing to prove you were right? my dad is very much like this so maybe that's where i got it from.

it takes practice but you can indeed get over it and just realise these arguments are not that important. you don't know these people and in almost no time the argument won't even be relevant. in the grande scheme of problems and things you have to deal with and do in one day having the final say on something on the internet surely can't be a priority or give you self satisfaction and if it's going to give you anxiety you need to avoid it for your own mh. just say to yourself **** it; i'm better than that. don't know if that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.89%
Okay (105)
29.66%
A bit lacking (129)
36.44%
Not good at all (85)
24.01%

Watched Threads