afuuuufaaaaajhj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I think it’s unhealthy to unload every detail of your life onto someone, for both you and them.
CharityCross219
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If it’s someone close to you like a sibling or partner why not? And if it’s a third party stranger that you don’t plan on seeing again, or just use as an impartial person (like a therapist) why not?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CharityCross219)
If it’s someone close to you like a sibling or partner why not? And if it’s a third party stranger that you don’t plan on seeing again, or just use as an impartial person (like a therapist) why not?
Muh 'emotional labour' that's why.
CharityCross219
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Muh 'emotional labour' that's why.
Boundaries are a thing and you’re allowed to have them. And if they’re close to you they won’t see it as a burden. A third party would also be allowed to back out at any time they want.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CharityCross219)
Boundaries are a thing and you’re allowed to have them. And if they’re close to you they won’t see it as a burden. A third party would also be allowed to back out at any time they want.
I don't disagree but I was making reference to a shitstorm that was started by a bunch of sociopaths years ago about how caring about someone else's problems for 20 minutes was too emotionally laborious.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise