GCSE English Language Paper 2 - Q2 Mark my work

Watch
AKA NO LIMITS
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Would this be a level 4 (Grade 9) response? I tick the skill descriptors but the indicative model is way different to mine. would be helpful if someone was to check it for me as I have no teacher. Thank you

Here’s the insert
Here’s the question 2
Here’s the mark scheme

Here’s my response (full):

Heritages child in Source A seems more extroverted as he values human interaction ‘he loves running up to people’ emphasising that he’s more captured by the love of his family, and could perhaps mean that he even has less friends because of the close relationship he has with his family. The Victorian mother’s child in source B however seems much more introverted and distant with his family as he values a list of ‘pop-guns, bows and arrows, whips...’ implying that he is much more intrigued at getting entertainment from activities, he seems more adventurous, coupled with the fact that he has these different activities could perhaps also give an insight into the wealth difference between both children in the source.

Furthermore, Heritages son also seems much more playful and emotional as he ‘laughs uncontrollably’ emphasising that the bond he had with his father made him more expressive. Additionally, this is further proven by him being ‘giddy’ suggesting that he finds humour out of his family members; implying they are supportive in his behaviour. Whereas the Victorian Mothers child in source B seems less expressive in his emotions as he ‘had black eyes’ which connotes that he’s much more observant and intelligent which might also be why he ‘liked to ask questions’ in order to find answers. Also, with the fact that he had ‘stains’ on himself, he seems to value exploring more and utilise nature with his ‘small black dog’ to keep him company rather than having the emotional support from his Mother.
meymey:)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AKA NO LIMITS)
Would this be a level 4 (Grade 9) response? I tick the skill descriptors but the indicative model is way different to mine. would be helpful if someone was to check it for me as I have no teacher. Thank you

Here’s the insert
Here’s the question 2
Here’s the mark scheme

Here’s my response (full):

Heritages child in Source A seems more extroverted as he values human interaction ‘he loves running up to people’ emphasising that he’s more captured by the love of his family, and could perhaps mean that he even has less friends because of the close relationship he has with his family. The Victorian mother’s child in source B however seems much more introverted and distant with his family as he values a list of ‘pop-guns, bows and arrows, whips...’ implying that he is much more intrigued at getting entertainment from activities, he seems more adventurous, coupled with the fact that he has these different activities could perhaps also give an insight into the wealth difference between both children in the source.

Furthermore, Heritages son also seems much more playful and emotional as he ‘laughs uncontrollably’ emphasising that the bond he had with his father made him more expressive. Additionally, this is further proven by him being ‘giddy’ suggesting that he finds humour out of his family members; implying they are supportive in his behaviour. Whereas the Victorian Mothers child in source B seems less expressive in his emotions as he ‘had black eyes’ which connotes that he’s much more observant and intelligent which might also be why he ‘liked to ask questions’ in order to find answers. Also, with the fact that he had ‘stains’ on himself, he seems to value exploring more and utilise nature with his ‘small black dog’ to keep him company rather than having the emotional support from his Mother.
which question did you answer?
AKA NO LIMITS
Rep:
?
(Original post by meymey:))
which question did you answer?
Question 2
AKA NO LIMITS
Rep:
?
bumped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (243)
57.72%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (54)
12.83%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
10.93%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.55%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.28%

Watched Threads