The Student Room Group

EPQ Eurovision primary research

Hello! I'm planning on doing my EPQ on the impact of European Politics on Eurovision. I'm a bit stuck on what to do for some primary research though- does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of trying to get in contact with any past contestants, but I don't see how they would really be able to help in the political side of things. Can't think of any other primary research though!
You don’t have to include primary research :smile:
Reply 2
if you did want to do some primary research then maybe you could do a questionnaire/survey asking staff and students their political opinions on Eurovision countries? As in is it progressive or such like
Reply 3
Original post by flaurie
You don’t have to include primary research :smile:

Ah right thank you- that calms me. Do you tink it might add another dimension though?
Reply 4
Original post by Rodders_
if you did want to do some primary research then maybe you could do a questionnaire/survey asking staff and students their political opinions on Eurovision countries? As in is it progressive or such like

That sounds great thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by fiona2003
Ah right thank you- that calms me. Do you tink it might add another dimension though?

From my experience, the more varied sources the better for EPQs, but if it isn’t something that you personally feel like you need, don’t do primary for the sake of it. Can still get top grades without
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by fiona2003

If it can link well to your project then it’s a good thing to include, but on the examiner reports (for OCR exam board anyway) they stress that the primary research isn’t compulsory for high marks and discourage trying to shoehorn it in for the sake of it :smile:
Thread has been moved to the EPQ forum. :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending