The Student Room Group

He said our relationship was at the wrong time and left

This guy I was dating started being distant and never texting me first, I called him yesterday about 3 times and he finally answered telling me he’s not ready for a relationship, despite initiating it first and I was just very nice to him as I promised not to break his heart. Last night I was upset obviously as I got left, and today I wake up to a messaging from him saying he’s sorry, I’m amazing etc, but it was the wrong timing as he’s going through stress and he wishes we met a bit later. What should I reply to him? As I was going to just ignore it. I was so nice to this guy and now I feel worthless lol
Original post by Aliali1112
This guy I was dating started being distant and never texting me first, I called him yesterday about 3 times and he finally answered telling me he’s not ready for a relationship, despite initiating it first and I was just very nice to him as I promised not to break his heart. Last night I was upset obviously as I got left, and today I wake up to a messaging from him saying he’s sorry, I’m amazing etc, but it was the wrong timing as he’s going through stress and he wishes we met a bit later. What should I reply to him? As I was going to just ignore it. I was so nice to this guy and now I feel worthless lol

Say yes you know you are amazing. If he wants to come back later, say he can try, but in the meantime you may have met someone who cares about you in the here and now and you may be gone.

That should get his attention and if not, he's not worth it.
Reply 2
It’s very disappointing and hurtful when someone’s you’ve invested in feelings change. At least he’s been reasonably transparent and hasn’t treated you badly. You could reply and tell him how your feeling or just ignore it
"Later" will never come. If you're not right right now then you're just not right full stop.
Never wait on anyone. Go live your life and date someone who wants to be with you in the right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending