The Student Room Group

History of art applicants thread for 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Jasmine_1129
i’m stuck between ucl and courtauld but i think i prefer the course at ucl. plus i like that it’s not just hoa student there

same actually! im planning on firming st andrews and i think I'll insure ucl over courtauld tbh
Is anyone going to the St Andrews offer holder day on Saturday ?
Original post by atrvd
same actually! im planning on firming st andrews and i think I'll insure ucl over courtauld tbh

did courtauld take a while to update it on ucas? i got the offer email from admissions a couple days ago but it still hasn’t been updated on ucas yet
Anyone still waiting to hear back from UCL? 😭
Reply 124
Original post by Jasmine_1129
did courtauld take a while to update it on ucas? i got the offer email from admissions a couple days ago but it still hasn’t been updated on ucas yet

no i got both the ucas and admissions update at the time
y

Original post by KELVINSTREATER

Yes! last offer I am waiting for haha
Reply 126
just firmed st andrews and insured ucl!! best of luck to all of you <33
Original post by atrvd
just firmed st andrews and insured ucl!! best of luck to all of you <33

I just firmed St. Andrews also. So excited !!
Reply 128
Original post by matildaakay
I just firmed St. Andrews also. So excited !!

omg i swear youre the first person i see who actually ended up firming st. andrews too!!
Original post by atrvd
omg i swear youre the first person i see who actually ended up firming st. andrews too!!

Were u at the offer holders day on Saturday by any chance?!
Reply 130
Original post by matildaakay
Were u at the offer holders day on Saturday by any chance?!

no i sadly wasnt ://

yeah I got rejected haha.. did you hear back yet??
Original post by bsahmani
yeah I got rejected haha.. did you hear back yet??

Same 😭
Same 😭

ah well - hope you got another option! :smile:
Is there a group chat for people who have firmed UCL? Most other subjects seem to have one by now
Original post by ferno6311
Is there a group chat for people who have firmed UCL? Most other subjects seem to have one by now

I don't know but I firmed ucl too!
anyone firmed Edinburgh or Glasgow ?
Did anyone do the History of Art A-Level this week, if you did how did you find it
Original post by juliacharle
Did anyone do the History of Art A-Level this week, if you did how did you find it

i did the history of art paper and in all honesty i don’t think it went very well. in retrospect, there was so much more i could have added in the visual analysis (i think i did particularly badly in the sculpture and building).

i did nature and identities. i think nature part A was quite good but my part B essay wasn’t as good, which is a shame because i normally rely on a good nature essay. i think my identities part A was okay, but my part B was not fantastic either. i’m normally really bad at predicting how i’ve done in exams, and i hope i’ve done better than what i think.

how did it go for you, and what did the rest of your class think? also i am not at all ready for paper 2. i do Renaissance and Modernism and i am honestly so confused by Renaissance, oh well!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ArtHistoryFairy
i did the history of art paper and in all honesty i don’t think it went very well. in retrospect, there was so much more i could have added in the visual analysis (i think i did particularly badly in the sculpture and building).

i did nature and identities. i think nature part A was quite good but my part B essay wasn’t as good, which is a shame because i normally rely on a good nature essay. i think my identities part A was okay, but my part B was not fantastic either. i’m normally really bad at predicting how i’ve done in exams, and i hope i’ve done better than what i think.

how did it go for you, and what did the rest of your class think? also i am not at all ready for paper 2. i do Renaissance and Modernism and i am honestly so confused by Renaissance, oh well!

I didn't think it went amazing at all. The sculpture especially, I thought I could rely on this paper for a bad renaissance one so fingers crossed it goes better. My class were ok with it, I hope we have done better than we think!!! :smile: I haven't started Paper 2, it's going to be painful. Hope the revision and the exam go well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending